[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Fuel Expansion
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Fuel Expansion 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Fuel Expansion
I topped off my BC Broncos fuel tank this morning so I could calculate total avg fuel mileage for Ouray trip.

When I drove home and parked it I could smell raw fuel so I checked the fuel filler for overflow but it was dry since I just installed a new vented locking cap.

I then heard it pissing on my garage floor from the charcoal canister on the firewall.

77 model doesn't have fuel expansion tank so I guess it relys solely on the capacity within the fuel tank vent line and charcoal canister.

So any solutions other than the obvious one of not filling the tank to capacity during the summer ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:05 pm
Post Re: Fuel Expansion
Keep driving.

I suppose you could put some kind of accumulator in the vent line. I bet the problem happens because of the larger tank.

What was the mileage?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thats DAMM good mileage!

And the SAME thing happened to me last week. I got back after wheeling and filled it up. The damm thing stunk up the garage until I took it for a drive and washed it off. The good side was it was a GREAT excuse to take it for a spin and enjoy the nice evening!

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:13 pm
That kind of mileage is going to be hard to beat with EFI. The extra power makes you want to go faster.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I probably only get 10 to 12 around town with current engine but remain too skeered to check

I am upgrading to EFI to get away from carb and vapor lock issues

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like Phils fix... but check the pass frame rail, the 77's had a "valve" w a ball bearing of sortd that would block flow of liquid fuel to the canister. could be frozen open if you will. Fords way of doing away with the "can" behind the driver seat

Probably as easy to find as the 6 port manual fuel selector valve!?

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:26 am

I have a good fix. Just pull that tank and sell it to me already.....

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:17 am

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]