[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Pertronix Question
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pertronix Question 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Pertronix Question
Hey folks,

I tried to install the Pertronix Ignitor today. I am trying to get rid of the points. However, after installing it, and going over every step in detail. The Bronco would not start. I also installed a new coil, also from Pertronix. I tried reinstalling it. Nothing.

Then I put the points back in it and it fired right up. So I have the new coil in there and I do notice a difference with engine response and power. But I have no idea what I did wrong on the Ignitor. I really would like to install it...

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Pertronix Question
Thats odd, I wonder if you got a bad part? That is a cut n dry conversion, points out, ignitor in. I did it on my FE 390 and no issues at all. Maybe Call Pertronix and ask them.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

x2. I installed on in my '73 a zillion years ago and I remember it taking something like 1/2 an hour or less and just being a couple of wires.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

make sure that you ordered the correct year for your bronco i did the same upgrade to mine and had the same problem! Turns out i had gotten the wrong Pertronix kit for and earlyier year than what i needed do to the 75 bronco 302 i put in my 71 bronco. good luck!

Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]