[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Landsharks 69er Bought not built project
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Landsharks 69er Bought not built project 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Landsharks 69er Bought not built project
I got first dibs on your Red Bronco when you get ready to sell. I hate reading this thread becuase I wish it was in my driveway. One of my favorite Broncos ever.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:19 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I didn't know Chad sold his

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sold mine to buy a house just before Christmas. It was very sad day but took less than 48 hours and got full asking price and went to a great home. I sold everything with it knowing that I will do it again. Plus, it really worked out good for my family as the housing market really took-off and low interest rates. I thought I built my "Dream Bronco" but that changed - I really want something that I can take offroad like Bought not Built. Love this Bronco and I am on the hunt for it's twin.

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So who do we mock now for having a Costco crawler?

Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So after some investigation i think Viper and Zoso are onto something with that wrap trap.. i think its really the cause of my pin shearing problems as most of the threads I have read make sense in that the 2 point wrap bars use the leaf springs as the lower bar in a wrap prevention setup.

When the rear suspension tries to wrap the upper bar puts pressure on the spring mounts which in turn shear the weakest link.. in my case the little centering pin.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So what's the plan? I know some guys in TX used one that was based off the pumpkin. I could find out a bit more about that, or I know of another design that uses some simple parts and is easy to fab.

Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is the simple design I was talking about. I couldn't find any diagrams last time, but this one popped right up, from Pirate.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/suzuki/9 ... nions.html

Anyway, I'd use bushings at the axle ends, and a Johnny Joint at the frame end so it does not bind on flex. You can use a heim where the upper link meets the lower link if you ever think you'll change the lift, or just make it solid if you don't. And no slip joint there either. This particular design, while very well done, is over-thought. Can be much more simple with way less moving parts. Post #23 has a similar design to what I would do.

Ah-ha, found the exact design I'd use:

Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here is a crappy pic of what I built. Bushings on the rear to a heim on the from with a shackle.

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Finally got around to installing the new perches, ubolts, centering bolts and spring plates. Loaded the back end with about 200lbs then worked on the pinon angle and set it at 1-2 degree down. no vibrations and as a bonus lowered the rear end a bit so sits pretty level ;)

In the Wildhorses directions it says toque the ubolts to 120 ft lbs, that seems a bit low. The local spring and suspension shop that I got the previous 5/8 ubolts from told me 177 ft lbs. I went ahead and torqued down the WH ubolts down to 150 ft lbs... i would assume with 5/8 bolts I should be good as long as I keep tabs on them.

Guess its time for some burnouts ;)

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 am

now you really gotta rework the rear shocks.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ya I'm going to pick up some risers. It's on my list :)

Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just a few pics of the rack Kinder and I made a few weeks ago, unfortunately didn't bag any elk this year but there's always next!

Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:50 pm

Glad to know Im not the only one that got skunked on their elk hunt this year. It took a week but we finally saw some and both my dad and myself missed our shots. They were 300+ yards tho.

Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's why the call it huntin'!

The rack looks like it'll work great. Do you think the po-po will give you trouble for covering your license plate?

Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I should probably change the title of this thread but I guess I haven't touched the engine yet :)

Anyway, forgot to update the build thread with the ZF-5 Conversion and all the other things I have been fixing and upgrading - but I will do that here soon.

Meanwhile have started to try and fab(ulous) my way through a tunnel cover....

Not sure this will work but I think i have a game plan.. anyway, my welds aren't that great and honestly I should have ran a little backing plate behind the seam but oh well live and learn...

anyway things to Kinder I have fused two tunnel covers into one and cut out for the dual sticks... fits but will need to hammer the edges to match the angles a bit then I will spray line it and hopefully I can deal with the looks :)

Anyway more to come!

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:55 pm

Just watch it it thats out of a 78-79 bronco. They galvanized everything. If you weld galvanized it produces a toxic gas. Just be careful. Make sure you grind it all off and its really clean.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

oh great.. well hopefully i won't go into seizures at work today..

the more i get into this tunnel the more i'm thinking of just having a piece of aluminum or flat metal bent up... really my tunnel isn' too bad and I dont have allot of holes to cover... it would give me more space inside and be a cleaner install.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you're not looking at anything too complex you're welcome to use my press brake. Not sure how big a part you're looking at. The max it'll handle is about 19", but it can probably bend 3/16" across the entire width.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thanks, i will see what i can dig up. I just want somethign simple and un-obtrusive..

Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I finally got tired of the harnesses and ordered some 2" bungs to weld into the cage for my H1 belts. Got around to installing them today, my welds aren't pretty as I am still working on my skills. Bottoms where the toughest not much room and being new to welding I had to work on em a bit...

here is what the belts look like...

Belts are mounted up - hard to see.. was nice and sunny :)

still have to bolt in the latch end should be able to do that tomorrow.

Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Landsharks 69er Bought not built project

Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Getting there, going to plumb bob the spring plates and then measure the radius arm mounts and bolt em in. Next is to fix my dope steering and see if I can get the York mounted ;)

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Damn. Am I going to be the only one in Moab without any major mods since last year? I feel like I'll be hanging out on the bunny slopes with Shawn.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Landsharks 69er Bought not built project
Nah. I have been wanting to do this from day 1.

I'm not doing anything that hard in Moab. I'm just going it for looks :)

Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next