[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - need new tires and advice as usual
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 4:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 need new tires and advice as usual 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post need new tires and advice as usual
Hey all, "Herb" is in need of some new shoes, but this has put me in a tiny predicament due to limited funds over all. Want to get some 35" KM2s like I had on my last truck but am trying to figure out if I can make them fit safely. I'm pretty sure the truck is lifted as it seems taller than stock but I have no idea what I have (guessing 2.5" or there abouts) I'm obviously gonna due some cutting on the body but was debating on doing a 2" body lift. Is anyone running a 35 or larger with this small of a lift? I was also curious as to what else I should expect to get into as far as other things needed in addition to the BL kit it's self. As always any and all advice is welcome as I figure out how best to spend money. Also is there a way to guess whether or not I even have a suspension lift? The coils are blue but are not progressive rate and the leafs are the bone-jarring 5 packs. Thanks

Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: need new tires and advice as usual
You can swing by my shop and I can throw my 35's on there and see how they look. My bronco should be there this week. I work mon, tues, and Thursday if you want to swing by. 6171 e Evans ave. discount tire co.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I appreciate that, I'll try for tuesday or thursday... was planning on buying them from you guys anyways

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If you're planning on cutting anyway you can easily fit 35s on 2.5" of lift. I ran 35s on 3.5" of lift for over a year and had little to no rubbing. I'm planning on dropping my current suspension from the 4.5" lift it has to 2.5" with my 37s with plans to go to 39s. Take a look for Zoso's current build here, he just clearanced for 37s on very little to no lift IIRC. I hate body lifts personally. I see the benefit to them but would rather keep the Bronco low for stability.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You might want to move Herb's rear axle 1" further back. This gives more clearance between the tire and the lower front corner of the wheel well.

A lot of guys also trim the lower front corner of the front wheel well to accommodate large tires without having to add additional lift.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Feeling better already... What is done to move the rear axle back? Just drill the leaves?

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All Broncos are a little different. Measure from the frame down to each axle. The rule of thumb is stock was 7" in front, 6" in back.

I had blue coils & 5 pack rear leafs from my original James Duff lift. It was stiff as hell. Are the coils progressive (tighter coils at the top)? Running dual shocks also makes the ride harsh.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm running 35's with 3.5" of SL and 2" of BL. I could easily pull the body lift since I cut out the wheelwells a little more. I'm planning to go to 37's, and there is a good chance I'll drop to a 1" body lift at that point. I may have my 35" Baja Claws up for sale at some point in the sort of near future if you're interested.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:50 pm

In my current build I just fit my bronco for 37's with no lift. For 37's and larger the rear wheel wells will need to be opened up a bit. Im gonna widen mine by 4in.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]