[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Clutch will not engage?
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 5:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Clutch will not engage? 

Clutch will not engage?
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and club. I would like to say thanks for letting me in and when i get my 71 sound enough to drive longer distances, hopefully i can come check out one of your rallies.

I have been working on my Bronco trying to get it all sorted out after it had been sitting since 99' and have gotten it to the point where it was almost enjoyable to drive around town and then i got in it this morning to drive it and the clutch will not engage. I let it out and nothing no noise no chattering, nothing!

What is possibly the cause of this? Does it just need a new clutch kit all together? could it be stuck?

It was making a steady squeaking noise like a bad wheel bearing or brake pads before i parked it last night and was coming from that general vicinity. Could that be a reason its froze up this morning?

Thanks i really appreciate any help or pointers you guys might have!

Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Clutch will not engage?
Check the transfer case to be sure it's not in Neutral.

Brett

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:08 am

The age old trick.... I'll definitely check, but i don't believe that to be the culprit, unless a buddy did it.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My brother used to do that to me just to make me crazy! P

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is it converted to floor shift or still 3 on the tree? Might check your linkages on the column under the hood to make sure they're doing what they should.
Clutch linkage all hooked up as it should ?
Do any gears work?

Brett

Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:51 am

No its still original 3 on the tree. No, no gears work i'm getting a sneaking feeling that one of my friends might have bumped the T case handle last night looking around in it or just messing with me. Its pretty easy to. Ill keep you posted, and thanks for all the help.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is always a blast when someone decides to do that to you. My dad used to do that to me in H.S. on my old Willys. It was twin stick & overdrive (so I had 4 levers) and he would put one in neutral, one in gear and the O/D in, out or in neutral. I always had to be on my toes.

Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:05 pm

Haha ya well it turns out thats what happened to me....a friend was in it messing around and had shifted the t case into neutral. Always makes a guy feel really smart when this happens...

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated!!

Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to the site.

Where are you located?

J.E.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:45 pm

Steamboat Springs

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]