[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - ZF/M5OD Swap Kit
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 ZF/M5OD Swap Kit 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post ZF/M5OD Swap Kit
I have a M5OD from a newer bronco on the floor of my garage waiting for the right time to find it's way under Old Blue. I was just wondering if anyone has pieced together all the required parts for their swap or is BC Broncos offering the best deal in the end with their ZF kit.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: ZF/M5OD Swap Kit
This isn't really common swap as most people go ZF like I have.
I just bought the plate and spline adapter and just bought the rest at oreillys. If I had more time I would have built the cross member. Don't know a lot about them other than they are not super strong.

I assume it was behind a 5.0 and going to a 302 in ur bronco.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

M5 isn't what most use, but... there is a dude running one behind a 4bt on expeditionportal.com in his bump side Ford truck. He runs it instead of the zf because it has a better gear split for the diesel. I happen to agree on the gear split, my gas ratio zf has a very large jump between 2nd and 3rd, I'd love a closer ratio for my 4bt. I think it's all in how you drive it, the internet is full of people saying the same thing over and over that they read somewhere, most have no 1st hand experience.

You'll have to sort out what transfer case you want to run.The np205 should bolt up, 31 spline and the correct round bolt pattern. The D20 will require an adapter, I don't know if the zf adapter would work, I'd recommend a call to Advance Adapters if you are going that route. You could buy a cross member kit, or just build your own. If you run the np205 it weighs twice what the D20 weighs, so you'll need to support it in addition to the usual trans crossmember.

Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I plan on keeping a 302 and figure this Tranny shoud do just fine strength wise. I'm told that the Advance Adapters Kit will work and my plan is to run my existing Dana 20, I plan on rebuilding it. I was really trying to figure out what Clutch slave / master set to use $230.00 seemed a bit pricey to me is all. Making a crossmember isn't a huge deal, I have a good welder where I work, if anyone has dimensions already, that would be pretty cool though. I'm trying to minimize downtime and do projects one weekend at a time since my Bronco is my daily driver.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post ZF/M5OD Swap Kit
$230 is a lot, is it a complete kit? You could piece a setup together from the JY and save a bunch if you don't mind finding good used parts. A hand full of us have done the 5 speed swap now, look at bnut's setup and landshark's build for examples of crossmembers.

Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]