[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Motor mounts explorer
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Motor mounts explorer 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Motor mounts explorer
What motor mounts are you guys running with mustang EFI engine and explorer front dress?

I've read the explorer serp setup can be a tight fit and to add a little height with different mounts. But, WH mounts seem a bit pricey for what I'm trying to do. Any alternatives or recommendations? thanks

Might swap this engine in my 10 year project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Motor mounts explorer
I did some reading on this awhile back. The convertible mustang mounts are taller than ours (oddly, there is a difference between the convertible and non-convertible), but I was never able to confirm that things on the frame side are the same.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I used stock Bronco mounts.

I had to shim mine up by 3/16" to create clearance for Explorer oil cooler, which most people elect not to use.

Some people have used taller mounts to create clearance for the lower pulley on passenger side which on some rigs will interfere with the frame crossmember. I didn't have a clearance issue there even without the shims. For those that do, some have also solved it with a slightly smaller pulley rather than taller mounts.

In terms of hood clearance, I'm not familiar with your intake set-up so can't comment on it.

The most common hood clearance issue is the Explorer power steering reservoir your using. Most make a bracket to lower it.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't even recall using shims on my stock mounts and the oil cooler barely clears. But then again, it was "just Shawn's Bronco"

BTW- Go Bucks!

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I should try the cheaper mounts first to see if they clear and go from there.

It's a bbk intake that came with the engine. Cool looking but will swap to a gt40 if it doesn't fit.

I have a fiberglass hood so hope it all clears. Image

Go Bucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I used the wild horses extreme motor mounts on my 5.0 HO motor with explorer accessories. It would clear the hood but I am also running a 1 inch body lift for just a little wiggle room. I did have to lower the power steering res about an inch and a half down and back because it sticks up way too high. If you lower it just be sure gravity can still move the oil to the pump so it will prime and always have oil. With the fiberglass hood you may be ok.

Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i used stock motor mounts on my 302 with exploder serp setup and uppers, added 1/4" shim to clear the lower pulley but MAY not have had to..

Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]