[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Tuning efi
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Tuning efi 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Tuning efi
As I'm slowly resurrecting my Bronco from a 6yr sleep , I'm remembering I never got the efi fully tweaked. I'm currently running a '93 Mustang mass air eec-iv sefi setup on a built 351w with a custom cam and more spendy go-fast parts than I should have.

Before it got mothballed, I was planning on getting a tweecer but was thinking that the moats quaterhorse is likely better. The stock programs ran and I was able to get most codes cleared etc, but it only ran ok and not like the monster it should be.

Now I'm seeing talk of the Exporer setups.....

So are there still some places around to help tune an eec-iv setup where the moats sytem would be a good way to go or would it be better to save the ~ $400 from the moats setup and convert to the explorer setup and tune that?

Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:12 am

Post Re: Tuning efi
your best bet is to contact Garry/EFIguy on here. He can hook you up. He'll make sure you have all the correct parts and a good solid tune.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I discussed switching from Mustang EFI to Explorer with Garry, he said the differences were minor, and stick with what was already installed. He can get QH at a good price & help you get set up. He did say a new QH model is soon to be released, and wait for it. It will have more capability than the current QH.

Good luck.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:59 am
VENDOR
VENDOR

I think that the Quarterhorse is a far better product than the Tweecer. It's only limitation is that it wasn't designed to be a permanent solution. Although, most people use it that way. It was intended to be a tool to get your tune dialed in, then transfer your tune to a chip for permanent use. It has a coin cell battery that is soldered to the board that provides power to the ram to remember your tune. The battery will last several years before it dies, but when it dies your tune is gone unless you have a laptop to load it back in on every ignition cycle.

That probably isn't a huge issue for the drag race crowd that likely has a laptop at all times, but if it died on a wheeling trip it could lead to a very bad day. Moates customer service is top notch, they will replace the battery for free, you just need to cover the shipping to get it to them. But, it will likely pick the absolute worst time to die when it does. Mine went on the morning I was planning on going for an emissions test. Poor planning on my part lead to expired plate fees.

The new version is rumored to have a new type of memory that doesn't require battery back up. But, I have no idea when it will be released. I don't know how high it is on their priority list and I know that they have been working on other projects as well like the Superlogger. In Chad's case he is no hurry to get one so I told him to hold off and see if the new version comes out before he needs one. I don't know that it will have any new functionality to it, I'm not even sure how you could make the Quarterhorse a better product once the need for battery backup is removed, unless they added the ability to add extra inputs like a wideband or boost sensor. But I think that is what the purpose of the Superlogger is.

If you are at the point in your project where you need to get it tuned then I would not hold out for the newer version because I honestly don't know when that will be. If you are the type of guy that likes to tweak things like that on your own I would get a Quarterhorse and run with it. I can provide help and tuning support via e-mail if you go that route. If you don't want to learn that stuff and just want to set it and forget it then I can tune it with my Quarterhorse and burn it to a permanent chip for you for a little cheaper than what the Quarterhorse costs.

Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]