[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Camber alignment - what should it be
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Camber alignment - what should it be 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Camber alignment - what should it be
I am slowly dialing in the camber on my 69 bronco and have the spindle shims to do some adjusting. before I took it in for alignment and already knowing the driver side front was out over 1 degree positive I installed that one spindle shim.

The reason I know its out of camber is every tire I put on that front left (driver side) the outside edge of the tread wears faster that the rest. Regardless of axle straightness and in light of my upcoming trip I am thinking I can remove 1 degree + from the front driver and .5 degrees negative out of the passenger side to get somewhere in the ballpark for even wear.

Bronco currently drives great - even with the uneven tire wear before I stuck the camber shim in.

Am I thinking about this correctly? I have read .5 degree positive camber is good on Broncos with D44, 3.5" lift and running 35" BFG's - however i wasn't sure that was total or each side?

So to recap - before alignment I installed spindle shim on driver side knowing there was too much positve camber. Did nothing on the passenger side. Results are below.

Thu May 07, 2015 2:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Camber alignment - what should it be
How many degrees was the shim and did you get alignment numbers before the shim was put in?

You can rotate the shim to get less camber offset but then will need to correct the toe-in.

Thu May 07, 2015 2:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu May 07, 2015 4:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Thu May 07, 2015 4:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Doesn't pull at all. I have some other readouts will look and see if they included

Thu May 07, 2015 9:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Fri May 08, 2015 9:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So my driver side ball joint isn't doing so well. I've always had issues trying to get the upper joint into spec. I'm going to try and replace the upper and lower n the driver side before I leave. Might be able to squeeze in a few hours to install. Might have to drive with it as is. Not sure yet. Will tweak the passenger camber Sunday.

Fri May 08, 2015 9:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well both ball joints on the driver side were completely destroyed - replaced them today and will take it in on Tue to get realigned and hopefully my camber is close ;)

Sun May 10, 2015 7:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did you check the passenger side?

Mon May 11, 2015 5:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup. All good. I had issues on the driver before could never get the torque specs right. New ball joints went together well and torqued good. Maybe better brand never used moogs. Had spicers before

Mon May 11, 2015 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]