[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 66 Wiki
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 66 Wiki 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 66 Wiki

Sat May 07, 2016 5:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That fuel pump is covered in grease and grime but it looks like it has a Carter brand name on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sat May 07, 2016 6:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Next time I'm at Tony's I'm going to have my camera handy & take a bunch of pics. I'll look closer at his fuel pump. I wouldn't expect any fuel pump on any 66 to be factory, unless it was parked with very low miles.

Would an original pump be a Carter? or Ford branded? IDK.

Sat May 07, 2016 6:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My fuel pump has 8 bolts. I have no clue if its original. Probably not. I can't see a brand name on it as it's covered in muck. Next time I'm under the Bronco I'll try and take some pics.

Sun May 08, 2016 10:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok, here is a new one. Apparently, some August 65 built Broncos have a shorter t-case shifter than the later built trucks. There may have been some short shifters on later trucks too.

Jeremy? Colby?

Thu May 19, 2016 12:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1st day U13 on CB.com, different inner fender at firewall.

IMG_3641.jpg

my inner fender not sure if its 100% original

P1020987.JPG

P1020986.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu May 19, 2016 11:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri May 20, 2016 3:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I saw the thread on CB.com about the short shifters. My U14, which I'm fairly certain was built day 1 of production, has a long shifter. I wonder if people didn't just cut them down because they were too long maybe? People often mistake the T-case shifter in my Bronco for the tranny shifter which gets annoying. Partly because it's so long I think. If they did come from the factory that way I would have to chalk that up to throwing together whatever they had on hand, which seemed to happen a lot in those early days.

Sat May 21, 2016 4:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My shifter is quite obviously cut short. The weld & grinding work is visible, along with a slight kink.

Bajabronco, Delconick, and eaglenest66 say the short shifter is a real thing, so I believe it. They all know their stuff. Must have been the old 66 switcharoo parts game.

Sun May 22, 2016 9:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've read in a few places that the short shifter was a later '66 thing. It came about after owners continually slapped their D20's out of gear while shifting to 1st and 3rd on the column.

Of course there's no way to prove that. But seems like a reasonable explanation.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun May 22, 2016 9:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 22, 2016 11:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah I tend to agree with that sentiment in some cases. The long t-case shifter gets in my way sometimes so I could totally see people requesting they be swapped at the dealer or cutting them down themselves. I have no doubts there are probably some out there from the factory too, given all the "variation" that accompanied the 66's.

Sun May 22, 2016 10:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The T case shifter screws in and out easily so I bet they got swapped out on a regular basis. Plus I bet at that time a lot of people just took them out and shorten them themselves if it was a problem. I used to hit that shifter all the time before Phil and I swapped the C4 and my 66. Image

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the pic. My friend's truck is a shorter shifter, it was only about 12" out of the floor. I think the shifter I got is long.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Following this one....

Quick Question -- What's a Budd Body?

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:06 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Super cool! Thanks much -- Mine is an Oct build month, so I guess that's what I have. I honestly had no idea that there were SO many unique features on the '66! This is gonna be fun.

Last edited by ScottBarnes on Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I didn't know any of this stuff till I bought my 66, and started researching it all. I was amazed how much stuff got changed out on my truck with just 57k on the odometer.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Funny you mention that. I just looked at a very nice 65 Camper Special F250 yesterday at the pre-Gunnison Car Show, last night. It had lots of stuff from the 66 Bronco- knobs, door handles, shifter & turnsignal knob, fresh air inlet doors. It had a horn ring, but wasn't the same as the Bronco. I'm headed to the real show right now, I'll take some pics.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There were 2 1965 F250s at the show today. The Camper Special is freshly restored, and done really well.

DSCN8004.JPG

66 arm rests (but colored matched to the interior, not black), window & door handles, radio, dash controls knobs, turn signal & shifter lever & air vent doors in the kick panels.
DSCN8006.JPG

DSCN8007.JPG

Horn ring has 3 spokes & a very different horn button/emblem

DSCN8009.JPG

The original, non-Camper Special had a 300 I6 (first year for that motor) and less options. Recognize the speedo?

DSCN8001.JPG

DSCN7999.JPG

DSCN8002.JPG

DSCN8003.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

This is awesome!!! and that first truck.... holy crap!! I'm in love..

Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm going to guess the fuse block is the same as well.

The problem with the steering wheel is the F series is deeper from where the driver grabs it to where it mounts to the steering shaft. This deeper wheel creates a steeper angle and would make the F series horn ring stick out badly on a Bronco wheel.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just wanted to bring this to attention. I know Viper has seen it.

Maybe the 2nd Bronco ever built. He's sure not putting up many pics though. Only the VIN tag.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpo ... tcount=142

popcorn

His intro thread:
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=269890

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's so cool

Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Added pic of 'access hole' & rubber plug in early inner quarter panel. Also short vs tall t-case shifter.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Chad, I noticed the discussion about 66 wheels over on CB a few days ago. What wheels does yours have? I have one of the less common style and 4 of the others. I wonder if they were the spares originally?

Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm glad someone asked. They aren't paying attention to what I'm posting over there. In my opinion, none of his rims are correct 66 rims. Here's the thread:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showth ... p?t=270916

My truck had wagon wheel rims on it when I bought it.

This is the opinion I've formed from looking at roughly eleventy bajillion 66 pics in the last year. And also from date stamps on some early rims I got from Don Allison. I haven't read it anywhere in actual writing, posted by anyone, anywhere. So I could be wrong.

There are two style of rims, early (66-67 Broncos, and ?65-?? 1/2 ton pickups I think) and late (68 on). Forget the K/H stamp for a minute. The difference is in the window or opening shape

Early:
DSCN7985.JPG

Late:
686e63bcc7b0065d5e818878105f29de.jpg

I went through EVERY rim Don Allison had, looking for the early style with K/H stamps. There were at least 2 other rims with the same style, with no K/H stamp. The one I bought has a KW stamp. I have early style with K/H stamps dated 66 & 67. Someone over there commented that the K/H should be straight across from the Ford logo. One of my K/H stamped wheels has the Ford logo 90* from the K/H instead of straight across. It still has a tire on it, so I can't see the date stamp.

The "Late" rim pictured above is Landshark's, it has the K/H, but it's the newer style window, and dated 68. On CB.com everyone is caught up looking at the K/H, and I think they are missing the point. I'm willing to bet the thread's owner has a bunch of 68 K/H rims. He now thinks they are super special 66 rims.

IMG950570.jpg

IMG950571.jpg

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Also, some of my 'early' K/H rims have markings (scratches) that match the 66 hubcap retainer pattern. So I'm pretty damn sure they were on 66 Broncos.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next