[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Truck died
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Truck died 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Truck died
Dropped my son off this morning and won’t start back up. Started fine and drove about a mile to his school and shut it off to go inside. Came out and won’t turn over. I can smell the fuel and can hear the fuel pump working. Must be something with spark. I am at work now and just getting some opinion on what to check.

Start with:
Check for spark- coil, distributor
Check fuses. What else?

91 mustang efi on original short block

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Truck died
Does it just click when you try to start it? fuel pump primes and then click? Is it an auto or manual?

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Manual, it cranks just won’t catch and turnover

Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Truck died

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just got back to it and it started. I don’t know if I should be happy or mad. I’ll just get it home and take a look at some things. Maybe fuel pressure regulator went out and flooding cylinders or something.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had an ignition coil do that to me once. Happened twice then I had the tools on hand to diagnose it when it happened the 3rd time. Replaced it on the side of the road and it's been flawless since.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I probably should replace it. Got it out of a salvage yard years ago not to mention the car I took it off of was pretty old also.

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:07 pm

Ford electronic ignition? the "brain box" can do the same when they get old. along with a coil. they'll work when cold but once they get warm they die.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's a good idea to keep a complete, spare distributor on board with the mustang EFI. Spare coil is good too.

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:25 pm

My bet is the TFI. Mounted on the side of the distributor. When it gets hot it can act screwy. Happens to me every once in a while when I run it hard mostly. I’m running a 90 efi mustang motor as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]