[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My Engine rebuild
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 My Engine rebuild 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My Engine rebuild
Hmm, I was assuming I did not have that. He asks for EVAP, VSS, and Air Injection.

What is EVAP?
VSS - electronic speed sensing?
Air Injection - forced induction?

Thanks again for the help Phil!

Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

EVAP is a canister purge valve that allow engine vacuum to clear fumes from the charcoal canister.

VSS is vehicle speed sensor. It would be mounted in the speedo cable hole in the transfer case.

Air injection is the thermactor. It was used to force air into the exhaust ports or manifolds to reduce some emissions.

Just because you have an EGR valve doesn't necessarily mean it is functional. It depends on the wiring harness and whether you have all the other components installed to make it work.

Are you required to have any of this stuff for emissions testing?

Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ahh, you are jogging my memory. I knew EVAP, but I don't have it! Sometimes I wish I did.

The EGR was plugged in, but since I wasn't there for the engine removal, I can't say what else was hooked up. I am waiting on my Dad to answer that question.

No emissions for me. It's titled in TX as a classic vehicle.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post My Engine rebuild
Wire it for EVAP and pull one out of the junk yard and throw it in your tool bag. It's tiny and helps immensely with purging the gas fumes into the intake. It's about the size of a roll of quarters

Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What's involved with the charcoal canister? Can the Evap connector be left alone and not trigger a CEL in the meantime?

Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Phil might chime in - but i never got a CEL without the purge valve - i just found one in the junk yard, ran a wire to the pigtail of the ECU and hooked up the vacuum lines from the intake to the valve to the charcoal canister.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok, I guess I should include that.

Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How do I go about getting the correct firing order? I think it's 1 3 7 2 6 5 4 8 but I want to confirm with someone better in the know than I am.

Same applies to compression ratio.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Firing order is dependent on the cam used. Compression ratio is determined by numerous factors like pistons, rods, heads and gaskets used.

Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My cousin has just moved shops, so my project has stalled out a bit. It is ready for reassembly. However, he was visiting here over the weekend and we talked a little about it. He is going to pick a weekend in the next 8-10 weeks to plan for the reinstallation and make sure it's done by then. I am really hoping to fly out for the weekend to assist!

As to engine breakin - any recommendations? I've heard lots of different opinions on this so I am expecting the same here, but I was hoping to find a strong majority one way or another.

Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

While I would have been more than just an armchair quarterback on the engine rebuild process I did commit to flying in for the install!! I'll be flying in the last weekend this month and praying when can get it stabbed in and running in a weekend!

Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:48 pm
VENDOR
VENDOR

I'm pretty sure your block was roller cam ready. Now would be the time to upgrade... poke

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It's already a roller cam!

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I got clarification that the pan hits the pump. With a 1/2", I am worried that if I happen to correct the pump, that the pickup may then be in the way?? The pump is a stock replacement for the '95 F-250...

Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Need help with pilot bearing. I am was under the assumption that most everything was stock from the '95 F250, but my mechanic is saying the pilot isn't fitting the flywheel... Grasping at straws, but does anyone have any ideas? I am flying into town tonight to stab this engine in on Sat. so I need a solution fast. Thanks!

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

False alarm...it was a blond moment and he was trying to install the bearing in the flywheel. It's too lose there but fits snugly in the crank!

Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It lives!
https://goo.gl/photos/gtZrCRXtaYsK1Vqn8

Then we discovered a crack in drivers side head. Sad face!

Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh, that needs to go in the sux thread.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah man... We are going to try some irontite stop leak. I think the crack goes into the exhaust port as the header sure steams a lot.

Picture is upide down...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Are those just E7TE heads? Now would be a good opportunity to step up to some GT40s.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got a set of e7te heads, yours for the taking. They're not in great shape and priced accordingly.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have the heads from my mustang engine (E7's) and my 351 heads, they came off a 95 f250. I assume they are E7's. If you need a set let me know.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I guess the better question is who doesn't have a set of E7's. I have a set too! Free!

Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just gave a set of e7 to the neighborhood scrap guy

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So apparently, E7 heads are the 90s equivalent to 3 speed transmissions.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next