[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My Engine rebuild
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 My Engine rebuild 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My Engine rebuild
I actually don't know what heads they are... how bad is that?

What a generous club! I'll keep you all posted!

I have gt40 intake. Are the heads a plug and play operation? I'm inclined to do what cheapest at this point... I gotta stop the wallet bleed!

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If your motor is stock then E7s should be ok. One of my sets have crane roller rockers, but maybe they all did, I have no idea.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The stop leak will arrive at my dad's tuesday. Once he has it, I should have a verdict in about 15 minutes if he has success...

BTW - can everyone see the start-up video? I never know if Google allows others to view or not.

Mon May 01, 2017 10:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good luck-- I too have the old E7 heads-- you are free to them as well (I will even throw in a free 3 spd with it!).

The video worked for me. I dig that over the tire step stool. I have never seen anything like that!

Mon May 01, 2017 10:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 01, 2017 11:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

BTW - here is a similar tire step to what we used. It matches the same dimensions:
https://mobiledistributorsupply.com/249 ... aQodIOUKaw

Additionally, my dad calls the local Napa, "Mañana auto parts" and it holds true. Irontite makes three different types of coolant stop leak and two of the three came in yesterday, just not the one I wanted!!! Perhaps today!

Wed May 03, 2017 8:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am thinking I need to be picking up a set of heads for "just in case". So I am looking to see of the ones offered, which I should try to pickup.
cpldavis37's has some upgrades that might be nice... But it may just come down to geographics, who's local to someone I can get them from.

Thu May 04, 2017 11:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu May 04, 2017 11:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just FYI, this is the cracked head after the irontite all weather stop leak:

under black light

I'd love your input on this, and also what you think might have happened. I talked to the machine shop and they say it's unlikely the head was cracked when it left their shop as they use some process to check it for cracks...

Thu May 04, 2017 3:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just let me know if you want them. No hurry they are just sitting in my garage.

1974 Ford Bronco 3 1/2 inch James Duff lift ,2 inch body lift, 351w Explorer EFI, Viper built c4, Viper built Dana 20 with wildhorses twin stick, Kinder built Dana 44 with 4.56 gears disc brakes aussie locker and knuckle over conversion, Kinder built 9 inch with grizzly locker 31 spline axles and 4.56 gear

Fri May 05, 2017 8:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 05, 2017 8:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri May 05, 2017 11:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri May 05, 2017 8:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Justin if you and TJ can easily make the connection, that would be awesome. If not don't sweat it.

What's your schedule in Pueblo? I'll see if it lines up with my in-laws.

Otherwise wheatridge is fine and I'll get them at a later date.

Sat May 06, 2017 7:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I usually land at work on the south side of town around 9 and head back to denver between 2 and 3.

Sat May 06, 2017 8:27 am

Just grind on it to clean it up and slap some JB weld on it.....

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think I'll pull the header off and see where that crack goes. I may try to carve a small valley out and JB weld it if I think that will be successful.

Sun May 07, 2017 10:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun May 07, 2017 10:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I can pull them off and meet up with Justin. I'll pm Justin and get his address

Sun May 07, 2017 4:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

TJ - thanks man!! I'd be happy to pay for something...you let me know.

Justin - Would it be better for you to have my inlaws meet you or to drop them off at Kenworth? And same to you, if you need some gas/beer money...

Mon May 08, 2017 6:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My company pays my mileage, no $$ needed. Where's kenwortg? If they can bring them, that'd be ideal. I'm just off i25.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Mon May 08, 2017 8:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon May 08, 2017 8:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll be on the south side of town, so my work sounds like it's better for all involved.

Mon May 08, 2017 8:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Do we have any updates on the acquisition of these heads? If it doesn't work this time there is a backup location.

Tue May 16, 2017 7:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I need to meet up with Justin or I can deliver them somewhere I just need to know where.

Tue May 16, 2017 7:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I may be delaying my Pueblo run till next week depending on how this storm shapes up. Not really interested in turning a 2 hour drive into a 4 hour one.

Tue May 16, 2017 8:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's fine. My only push is that I'll be in CO for about a week starting thursday the 18th and have the ability to bring them home. But it's not critical so if that doesn't work. At that point I only need to get them to Federal and 38th at your convenience. From there I can have family get them to where they need to be.

Wed May 17, 2017 5:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Definitely pushing the Pueblo run back to next week. Not sure yet which day it'll happen.

Thu May 18, 2017 10:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll be in Thornton Monday and Wednesday this week. I'll be in Pueblo on Friday

Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next