[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - My Engine rebuild
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 My Engine rebuild 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: My Engine rebuild
TJ - please let me know if any of that works for you.

Additionally (maybe this should be it's own thread) ,but to get my bronco running, we put a jumper in the Fuel Pump inertia switch connector. I ran around town a few times with it like that. But I decided I had better replace it with the proper switch. I ordered a used one from Ebay for a '96 mustang Cobra for $15. I mistakenly installed it in a horizontal position on my firewall and it didn't have any problems until I got a few miles down the road, which oddly enough just seemed to starve the engine for fuel instead of completely killing it. Having just thrown away the jumper, I had to baby the bronco home. I installed the jumper again and went for a quick one-mile ride without issue. That's when I realized that perhaps it should be mounted red button up. I did that and then my son and I took another ride into town without issue except as we got closer to home. It would starve for fuel again in the higher rpms.

It's a darn simple switch, so it seems like there isn't really anything that can fail on it. But I haven't had any trouble in the 50+/- miles I've driven it until I installed this switch.

I am thinking I will install the jumper again, just this time with a switch in the loop and when I start having trouble, flick the switch and see if my issues go away.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4