[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Map light wiring
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Map light wiring 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Map light wiring
I came across this mirror in a box of Bronco stuff recently and decided I should put it in my bronco, but I am hoping someone with some better know-how can help me with how to wire it.

I just replaced both bulbs with LED for lower power drain as well as brightness. Hard to see in the pic, but I tested it against the incandescent bulb.

Here's the wiring arrangement; white, orange, black:

I have electric wipers...can I tap into that for power?? You can see the built-in switches.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Map light wiring
Might already be power there if it once had the wiper linkage cover light, our 74 did.....did73's?

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

hmm, this bronco never had a fancy wiper motor cover in my ownership, but there would certainly be evidence if there is a connector up there!! I'll investigate.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Single wire is what the turd had...no connectorother side grounded to frame

Black wire w/ dark blue stripe is what we have

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The orange wire is 12V, the black is ground, and the white is switched ground. This was what I could find online. I think you will not use the white wire as it probably had something to do with the lights turning on when the door to the vehicle opens. The red wire for your electric wiper motor should be power. Seems fairly simple...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome! Thanks for checking on that for me. I should be able to test that theory on the battery again correct? IN the above pic (I hope you can see that), I have the orange to the neg terminal and the white to the positive. That seemed to allow me to turn the lights on with the switch. There was another combo that turned them on with the switches off, so that must be for doors open...

I did check, and there is indeed a black wire with blue stripe up there, just cut off. So I'll test it for power!

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]