[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 17" rim offset/backspacing
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 3:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 17" rim offset/backspacing 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 17" rim offset/backspacing
I'm going to look at a set of 17" rims tomorrow. I got horrible pics, can't even tell how wide they are. Assuming an 8" or 9" rim (don't think I can use a 7" with a 37x12.5 tire) what is the max backspacing that will work? They look like about 4.5" or 5", but I can't tell from his pics. They look like the face is too close to the outside of the rim. I'm afraid the hub will hang too far out.

Thanks

19679307_1914341468824259_8224505312726658899_o.jpg

19894312_1914837505441322_1975887076_n.jpg

19858777_1914837585441314_763049905_n.jpg

19858739_1914837798774626_1499086018_n.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 17" rim offset/backspacing
Can't really tell by the pics but looks like they are 8" wide. If they measure 8.5 from outside to outside then they are 8". Most wheels have the offset stamped in the back. 0 offset would be 4.25". Most 17" wheels that I see in our bolt pattern usually have a positive offset which tucks the wheel in closer under the fenders. I do believe you have full widths so might not matter much. Just depends on the look/functionality you are going for.
If you look at them you can call me at work 303-692-0802 and send me a pic and I can tell you. I am working today so no problems.

Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Those do look like they have a little too much offset for a crawler and the exposed hub will be an issue. Mine does not protrude from the outer rim at all, but it's still taken some damage!

They would look nice on a bronco tho!

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:24 am

for you being full width you can probably get away with them if they clear. Would keep the tires from sticking out so much. I searched high and low for a rim I like in 17's and they only way I could get one to fit how I want is either full width swap or 2" spacers.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I checked them out this weekend. They fit, but the hub sticks out 1+ inch from the rim. I don't mind the width of the truck. On 10" rims it was too wide, but the 8" rims are good. About 3.5" of backspacing is max on an 8" rim that will keep the hub even with the rim. I'm no in a hurry for 17's. I want to run my 33's off before switching to 37's. I'll keep looking, the Reno/Carson City area has a lot of 4x4 stuff for sale & maybe I'll find somthing there. Or I wouldn't mind buying black steel rims new & get exactly what I want. Adding the price of the wheel spacers, makes it come out pretty close in price.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]