[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - What EFI Fuel Pump Are You Running?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 What EFI Fuel Pump Are You Running? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post What EFI Fuel Pump Are You Running?
I think my in tank EFI fuel pump is ready to give up the ghost. I can't hear it spool up anymore and it stumbles when I put my foot into it. I've also gotten lean fuel mixture codes too. I thought fuel filter but because I can't hear it spool up with the engine off like I did before I think its fuel pump. I was told that the only fuel pumps that are worth their salt are OEM pumps. What are you running and what's your success with it. Anyone have time to help me pull the tank and replace it too? I'm leaving around the end of the month and want to drive it when I am here from Vietnam.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: What EFI Fuel Pump Are You Running?
OE style Mustang in-tank pump.

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post What EFI Fuel Pump Are You Running?
Aeromotive in Willem's, it primes the rail to 40 psi and is super quiet, but no clue on longevity.

I can help drop your tank & replace when you are ready.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been thinking about replacement pumps as well (mine makes and excessive amount of noise in my opinion). I've been thinking of buying an Aeromotive to keep on the shelf for when it fails, but interested to hear what other's opinions are.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:12 pm

I went with a walbro replacement pump. I've had great luck with walbro pumps in my car.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I use the aeromotive and like it. Way quieter.

Be aware that it has a different connector so anyone planning to carry it as a spare until the OEM style one fails it isn't a plug n play solution.

PS.......if you haven't changed it in the next two week ends I would love to help but I am in your rope until then.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Aeromotive in mine as well. Have a backup walbro, if you need it I sell it to you for $40. Brand new.

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Iam happy to help. Aero motive here as well in two tanks both have been great but a bit loud

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool. Post up or text when you guys get closer. Have a couple or trips toward the end of the month.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A big thanks to Kinder yesterday for furnishing accommodations and assistance in getting the fuel pump changed. Wow what a difference in power with plenty of get up and go. More than the trip to Tennessee! :laughing2:

Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]