[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Help ID this Master Cyl. please!
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Help ID this Master Cyl. please! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Help ID this Master Cyl. please!
This brake job has snowballed, and my MC is leaking into the cab down the rod...so I need help replacing this MC. Or figuring out if just one from a vendor will have issues. Need one ASAP as I have a trail ride in a week and I can't afford any more hiccups!

The setup is discs all the way around and I've gotten by fine with the manual brakes.

Thanks!

Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Help ID this Master Cyl. please!
That looks just like a stock all drum MC.

Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If memory serves, that is correct. But I wanted to confirm. Is that a 1" bore?

Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Rock auto says 74 m/c is a 1" bore.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Good news. Now to see if I can get one sourced in the next couple days...
If I went to a larger bore it would make the pedal harder correct?

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just hate to buy something that won't work well. I know I went thru few iterations on my last disc brake conversion before I found one that worked.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

With no booster you may want to stay with a small piston. Yes a larger one will give you a firmer feel and less travel at the expense of more leg pressure to get stopped.

I thought the 1" bore was very good with disks and no booster. It was perfect on the street and just adequate when in low range going down hill. A bigger bore would require a stronger leg in those conditions. This was with an auto trans though.

Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I decided to try the '79 F-250 Camper special which I can't confirm it's bore size at either 1" or 1-1/16". However, it was a reman and it too was leaking into the footwell past the plunger... So trying another tomorrow...urgh!

Am I doing something wrong to cause this?

I also had them bring in a stock Bronco MC as well as a backup.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don’t know much about this stuff but is the push rod bent maybe pushing it in causing it to ride on one side over the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll look for sure, but it didn't catch my eye.

Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The rod is straight. I just got a bad reman. The replacement came today and I re-installed it and after bench bleeding. It took some extra force to get the rear port to seal than I thought should be necessary, but it finally sealed. I may get some conical copper or alum. washers to seal that connection better.
http://secoseals.com/ or something similar.

I will have to return the Bronco MC and my old one as core.

Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That’s good news. It’d be nice if parts would come to us working. Seems like a tall ask anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

JD, curious how you like the camper special master on there? Do you like the feel of the pedal?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah it seems like a good feel for manual brakes. I've only had the pleasure of one outing but they felt like they did before and I was happy about that.

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:43 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

To me, it's a good happy medium between firm and soft. I really felt no difference between it and the factory one I had been running.

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]