[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - 435 gear shifter
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 435 gear shifter 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post 435 gear shifter
Was wondering if anyone was running this of type of shifter in there bronco? How do you like it ? Is it better that the stock ?
I was thinking of fabricating my own. This spring I'm going to be installing my new to me Np435. So I'm looking to see if anyone can give me some measurements on a few things. Such as the mounting bracket that the shifter mounts to. WxLxH. The triangles and the length of the linkage ( just length ) running from one side to the other. Length of the shifter it's self not including the heim joint.
Thanks in advance

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: 435 gear shifter
I’ll look tomorrow and get you some measurements.

Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I had one... loved it. Seemed to shorten the shifting throw and put the shifter in a comfortable position.

Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The higher the connection is on the faux shifter, the shorter the throw will be. If the distance between the pivot points and the other connection on both shafts is the same, then it should shift the same as if you were shifting the tranny stock. Fun project!

Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:38 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Alright I've got most of it fabricated up except for the linkage that hooks the shifter to the trans and the height of the shifter mount. Is there anyway someone can take a couple of measurements for me ?

Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome thank you.
Last one is from floor to shifter knob.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've gotten a bit further on this project. It still needs a couple of adjustments. Besides that it looks good and seems like it should function. All that I have left is the mounting base and shifter. Hopefully I will get it all cut out and welded up in the next week or so.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well I got the shifter rod welded. Also got the shifter knob and heim joint on and painted

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All that's left is the base plate.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]