[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - PS Low Pressure Fitting
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 PS Low Pressure Fitting 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post PS Low Pressure Fitting
I installed a dual return PS pump, and the bend in the low pressure fitting on the gear box is too severe now. I'm sure I can cut off the line with a tubing cutter, but would prefer to get a new line so I've got some sort of "barb" on the end to keep the 3/8" id hose from slipping off. Does anyone know where I can get a new line made locally?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: PS Low Pressure Fitting
Parker Hose in Denver will make one up while you wait.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Parke ... 04.9052702

Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks -- I'll swing by there next week

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I believe the NAPA Auto Parts in Parker will also make up hydraulic lines.

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Next to Walgreens at the SW corner of Lincoln and Parker Road.
:burnout:

Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can they build in a 45* like the other fitting? Perhaps that would avoid a future issue?

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Napa guys looked at me with crossed eyes and tried to point me to a bearing place downtown Denver. Off to Parker Hose on 46th

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:25 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well, the Parker hose guys couldn’t make the piece like I wanted because their tooling is too big - but - they pieced together some parts that got me what I needed. This was a great find because they can make up custom hydraulic lines (including SS) and they were super helpful. I’ll be back in biz soon. Just in time for a ball joint replacement later this week!

Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

One step at a time...

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

FYI they probably told you to go to Whistler bearing which has a hydraulic hose division also, it rivals the Parker store. To my knowledge they are the only place in town that can custom make DOT approved brake hoses on the spot. Have used them many times along with hydraquip (formerly emrich & Hill) & the Parker store.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:51 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hydraulic lines used to scare me....it was one of those things I had never attempted before.

It's not a big deal. Order hose and fittiings from Summit (a few bandaids from Walgreens if you're doing braided stainless), and you're good to go. Way cheap and you can make perfect custom lengths with whatever fittings you need.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:53 am

Hey Scott,
If you need I think i have an extra AN adapter for the steering box if you need. I am almost ready to make new lines for mine also a dual line power steering pump and i have a spare that i am bring to baja.
Let me know if need.
Mike

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Average 23.5 mpg, Best tank: 25.1 mpg

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm with Airbur. I did all the lines on my power steering, hydroboost and suspension. Blew one the moment I pressurized it on the first one I did, but no issues since. It made a spectacular mess.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The cooler is likely AN fitting, maybe a somewhere between a a -3 and -5? The steel fitting in your hand is probably a inverted flare, same used in brake systems. Ironically, I think the thread size/pitch is the same you would find on a bolt. 1/2"-20 or maybe larger? Take that fitting to the hardware store and start trying to thread nuts onto it.

Speedwaymotors.com might be a good source for your AN fittings, then you can do like airbur did.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Best local source for AN fittings is Emrich & Hill in Denver, it actually has a new name that I’ll try to remember. SS tubing is harder than mild steel tubing, not sure if a regular tool will hold up.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:47 am

Scott,
I think this is the part number

AEROQUIP FBM2964 AN-6 ADAPTER

o 3/8 Male Inverted Flare to AN-6 Male Adapter
o S.A.E. 37 / 45 Flare (JIC/AN) 5/8-18 thread
o For use with Aeroquip TFE AN-6 Spec Hose
o Silver Zinc Dichromate Finish Mild Steel
o Fits most 1979 and older Saginaw P Series Pumps with
3/8 flare female output / Saginaw Box Low Pressure Return
This is from the Hydratech
I think i have an extra one i can look tonight if you need it?
You can also get them at summit, jegs or amazon.
Mike

Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]