[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Body wisdom needed soon
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Body wisdom needed soon 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Body wisdom needed soon
Hey everyone so bronco is stripped down and I need to replace the front floor and lowere firewall floor pans, the 1/4 panels and the little squares around the rear floor as well as strikers and of course rocker panels. My questions are where to start since everything connects to everything else pretty much and when I have all my bits is anyone interested in a tech day or something where I can get some experienced help but potentially other people who will need to do this can come learn as well. Thanks

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Body wisdom needed soon
Also what will I need other than the panels themselves as I’m assuming everything is spot welded but it’s not something I’ve done before

Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hoping someone can at least offer some guidance on were in the body to start so everything goes as easy as possible structurally

Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I started with kick panels, then inner and outer rockers, then floors. Just a little at a time otherwise you open up a can of worms

Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I started with fresh body mounts and then worked on the floors. Like Bobby mentioned, do a little at a time. It's taken me 3 years (I have a busy life of family and work) to do about 40-50% of the metal. I knew nothing of body work when I started and consider myself a novice today. There are guys here who get more work done on a Saturday than I do in 3 months. You can check out my thread for lots of pics and details: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

Depending on how bad the body is, you may consider searching for a new one. It all depends on what you have more of, time or money.

Adam

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have zero body experience as well, but you might need to weld in some temp braces to maintain alignment.

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’m debating getting the prewelded front floor section from wild horses as it has all the body support stuff in place. I also have to do kick panels I didn’t know if I should do outside to floors or start inside and work my way out. I also have to do front clip stuff as well but hoped to do the insides and 1/4s first. I have the free time to do it just not the cash since apparently I’m really bad at Lotto so a little at a time is my speed anyway I just want to know what direction to start so I can minimize the body warping on me as I go. I just finished new body mounts and did a 2” body lift to make some room around the engine since it’s wide and that has been nice but now I’m about to start the real work

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So should I do rockers and 1/4 panels first or floor first

Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ha for sure both 1/4 need to be fully replaced but I’m trying to establish the best order for baby steps

Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

In order I would do floors, kick panels, door posts, rockers, cowl/windshield, then move back/forward from there. If you have to replace more of the floor do it first then floor pans.. whatever you have to do to keep the stability from the cross braces under the body to keep the door posts in position the longest possible time. The most important thing is to keep those door openings correct other wise you will throw off the entire body

Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Also- if you have a hardtop, leave it bolted on- it will help in keeping the windshield straight and will help in keeping things aligned correctly. Take plenty of measurements before you start to cut so you can try to get them back to where the were once you start replacing parts.

Here is a helpful list that I would document all of these measures points for YOUR Bronco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks everyone

Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]