[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - December CCB Breakfast
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 December CCB Breakfast 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post December CCB Breakfast
Where: Rudy's in Colorado Springs-315 S 31st St, Colorado Springs, CO 80904
When: Saturday 12/16/17 @ 0900
Why: Because early Broncos win more than those other ones have this year.
How: In your Bronco, of course.

Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: December CCB Breakfast
Anyone planning to attend?

Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No go for me. Holiday party tonight means waking up early to make it to the Springs highly unlikely.

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

won't be able to make it, prior plans

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:26 pm

Im out also. Prior commitments.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I won't be able to make it either. I too have a prior commitment. =(
Mark.

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

How has attendance been at the CO Springs breakfasts? Is there ongoing interest?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I normally make the breakfasts down here too. The attendance has definitely shrunk down here due to the reasons listed above but the interest is still here. I've made a few of the Platte River Grill and a couple of the other breakfast locations up north too. To answer the question of ongoing interest, I'd say yes.
Mark.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Who schedule's / plans these monthly get togethers? I personally love these meet ups, and look forward to them -- I do have an idea for one this summer that I'd like to speak to the organizer about.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Personnaly, I would appreciate more notice for these events.

I know they are posted on the events thread but reminders a couple weeks in advance would be helpful.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

i dont have a EB any longer (as everyone knows) but still like attending and meeting up with like minded, good folks. I too have noticed a north vs south conundrum. Couple recommendations:
a) cant forget the brethren west of the front range. maybe schedule some breakfast's/ meets in there neck of the woods (maybe summer'ish) which would promote more "club wheeling" events
b) definitely pre-notice reminder is always a good thing.
c) its easy to plan events in Denver since a majority of members are located there; however, we dont want another Alpine Bronco (and the others i dont recall) vs CCB type break up which is where it seems to be heading.

So when I belonged to Vegas Valley 4 wheeler's (back when i lived in Las Vegas) we actually had meetings in the evenings. Not saying this is a good idea, but it was a true club meeting addressing club runs/ events. The biggest was "hump & bump" which actually made national magazines and calendars. Ever thought of a structure? CO, XO, run coordinator, PR position?

Justin- I know you run the calendar, event schedule and FB postings. I have no problem in helping you out in whatever capacity is needed, just let me know. Ive got alot of buddies in this club and look forward to seeing everyone as much as possible (even though im EB'less). Sorry for the rant, just my $.02

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:51 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like going to the meets but I would like to see more group wheeling meets. I'm in Bailey and it is a 2 HR drive to the springs and longer to go to Longmont. I personally rather go 2 hours up to a trail.
Also
It would be cool if there was a meet in Littleton, Lakewood or Golden

My 2¢.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Scott,

Don’t worry about stepping on toes. This group is tough skinned and have a collaborative mindset.

I agree that the club would benefit from
- more organized wheeling / Adventure events. The impromptu ones are great but organized ones with plenty of advance notice is what gets participation up. The impromptu / informal ones always fizzle out because everyone is so polite about being open to where it is going to be held. Sometimes it would be more effective to just post it up........we are meeting here at a certain time to take such and such trail. Join us if you can. I am guilty of posting up “hey let’s go wheeling, doesn’t matter where” threads which don’t usually work out
- an annual event. We used to have one but it was held on Memorial Day week end and between spring weather and people’s plans it died on the vine

When the club first started we had a lot of interest but not a lot of capable rigs. Now we have an abundance of capable rigs and great guys. We just need to add a sprinkle of organization.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post December CCB Breakfast
A few of us have been kicking around the idea of a Colorado bronco event for a while. I think the most logical and logistically viable would be based out of the Buena Vista - Salida area. It’s a great stepping off point for all levels of “Colorado wheeling”, weather is very good, close proximity to enough towns for support and offers a multitude of options for camping or motels etc. plus there are tons of other activities in the area if family members wanted to branch out or have alternatives.

A few of the things to keep in mind are the other events that take place up there. The Jeep event occurs in August I think. Also there is a Toyota event that is pretty regular. Also if we open the event up to out of staters - which would be great, is the space needed to support tow rigs, motor homes etc. plus support facilities. If needed.

My original idea was to run one just for the club, but as you would a larger group. Have trail leaders and a centralized location for group activities and socializing. Perhaps cater one dinner and breakfast and everyone chips in. If it works and it’s feasible then open it up the following year if we want. There are lots of options and have some other thoughts.

I am happy to help spearhead as I am up In that location most of the summer anyway and have access to a friends ranch where he is open to hosting a small group. I have also wheeled allot of the trails near there.

Also as Jeff mentioned, memorial weekend is tough weather wise and I think being a holiday weekend might put pressure on family units. I would shoot for late July or August. I know they are busy months but hopefully with enough lead time people can participate.

Thoughts? Great timing as now is the time to set a date

On the original topic, I agree a bit more lead time helps with breakfasts. Not sure if we need assigned leadership for the club but maybe responsibilities. Maybe for being responsible they get a breakfast paid for once or twice a year?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Mile High Jeep guys rotate their All-4-Fun location, so slim chance of bumping into them. It's going to be down in Silverton this year, the first week of Aug. I personally LOVE the Bueno Vista area as a place to base out of, for all the reasons you mention. I think we should just pick a non-holiday weekend in July or August and start planning it, and recognize that not everyone will be happy with whatever gets chosen. Maybe get a small (3 or so) group of volunteers to plan the event and do whatever needs to be done. Personally, I think we should just focus on CO folks for this first event with an eye to opening it up after we work out the bugs the first year. People want to wheel in CO, so the minute we open it up (advertise it), I'm pretty we will be covered up with out-of-state Broncos. That will be fun, but it would be great to have our act together before we start hosing others, in my opinion.. (eat our own dogfood first)...

Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

To piggy back on a few things said already...

I do think that more notice on the reminders for the breakfasts/events will increase the participation. I also agree that I would love to see more diversity with various events that are organized. I think it would be great to organize some trail runs during the warmer months in place of the breakfasts. There seems to be plenty of capable rigs. Maybe something along the lines of a coffee meetup spot so if people don't want to run a trail but want to meetup, they can.

I have been involved in some of those conversations kicking around a club sponsored annual event. I am all for it. I would be down with Buena Vista/Salida area. I don't know the terrain well down there but it is somewhat centrally located so would be a good draw from all corners of the state. I think we would for sure want to control the participation to local club members the first year to ensure future success. We could certainly make it primarily a research and discussion event where we take meticulous notes on where to go, the types of trails and obstacles on each trail, what a rig would need to run said trails, how much time it takes, what types of options there are for RV'ing, camping, motels, airBnB, etc. I think we should pick a date and commit soon. My suggestion would be late July. I am not sure when all of the schools start back up but I know it happens in August so it would help those with kiddos if we were to do it in July (IMO). I am happy to help -- I agree that a small group of willing volunteers to spearhead this is what will be needed to make the dream a reality.

The last thing I will say is that I have very much appreciated this group and I think this club has a lot of great people in it. I have had my Bronco for 5 years and have been a member of CCB since that time. I personally have noticed a drop off in activity and there also seems to be a shift in new vs. veteran members. I know that we have lost some key LEADERS/MODS like Greg, Zac, Chad to moving out of the state. I too don't want to step on anyone's toes, especially those that were key and founding this amazing club, but it might be worth looking at a little re-structuring to see if anyone would like to get more involved in organizing some of the previous mentioned activities. I am not suggesting anyone step down by any means, but it sounds like there are some more ambitious and willing people that have gotten involved in the club that would be willing to volunteer their time and efforts to lighten the load of some of the people that had been doing it a while...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

There is the "Set Them Free" 4x4 run in BV each year. Just an event to try to schedule around. I think you guys are on the right track.
http://stfoffroad.org/

Of course Silverton/Ouray should be considered. I know it's a long way from the majority of the population, but I think it would be a HUGE draw for out of state guys.

Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:27 pm

This club started out real strong. We lost our biggest cheerleader that pushed most events. Ever since then we have slowly gone downhill.

If anyone is interested in being an club leader or planner we can set that all up. At this point we can use the help.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would love to help with event planning, wheeling / camping and especially revitalizing an annual event.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:56 pm

I'm working on something but I dont have access as just a moderator. will get an Admin to do it for me.

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think most if not all of us that live in Colorado drive our Broncos to the trails (or will when they are running).
Adding out of state participants who trailer theirs will take much more space in places where parking and camping are tight to begin with.

Not trying to exclude people but should we encourage that?
Especially while we are trying to get started and trying to get more Colorado people involved?

Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Couple thoughts:

-As most know, I'm one of the admins and the guy that sets the schedule for the monthly meetups. The admin team likes to stay out of the way and let the members do their thing. I agree that more notice would be good and will work on that. Much to my dismay, I appear to have turned into a grownup and family and work obligations have increased over the years (just got back from a week-long work trip). I want to see this group thrive and am happy to continue contributing, but if it continues to be a challenge I may hand it off to someone else. CCB is too awesome to allow ego to get in the way.

-We've intentionally kept it pretty casual-no dues, no hassle, few rules and very little drama over the last couple of years. CCB was built by members for members and the admins mostly keep the lights on so that folks with a common interest have a place to hang out. In that tradition, if members want to set an event or post up a wheeling trip, go for it. No approval needed. If it involves money that's between individuals and isn't associated formally with the club. We're here to keep the site running, maintain our minimal structure, and handle the infrequent bigger picture issues. If you're not sure about something or need admin support for emails and the like, shoot me a PM and we can chat. I'm willing to meet face to face for anything complex, especially if it involves beer.

-As has been noted, there's been talk of a larger event for a long time. Several members contributed to an annual Memorial Day event that has fallen by the wayside and I'd love to see a couple of things like that happen per year. I don't have the bandwidth to lead it but would be willing to help. If anyone wants to step up and take it on, just say so and it's yours. It can be a ton of work with less help than is sometimes promised, but they're awesome when they're as good as the Memorial Day events were.

-The club is currently set up in a way that it's got almost no liability. Big events like All-4-Fun or Set Them Free get into insurance and vendor contract territory which requires us to start handling money and would potentially require a LLC. That can get messy. It's a bunch tougher to deal with conflict when those involved are customers and not friends (or worse yet, both). The admins have historically been pretty unwilling to mess with that, to the point that the site is at least partly funded out of one or more of our pockets to minimize hassles. If someone wants to take on the coordination of something bigger, there's plenty of openness to it as long as it doesn't mess with what's currently working.

Overall, if we as members want to move to a more formal structure that's an option. It'll take more dedicated people, which can be tough since low maintenance=sustainable when you figure in the normal transition of people through the club due to moves, selling rigs, etc. I'll admit to being wary having seen issues in both our club and others when there's a power differential between members. That said, I'm happy to pull up a chair at the next breakfast to talk through the range of possibility with anyone who is interested.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]