[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - first of many I am sure, July breakfast and shop day
It is currently Tue Jul 02, 2024 8:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 first of many I am sure, July breakfast and shop day 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post first of many I am sure, July breakfast and shop day
We had an amazing turnout, lots of broncos including several I had never seen before, I was able to visit an turn wrenches on new friends rigs as well as several good old friends' too.

the list of projects completed was fairly extensive. Electrical issues on at least 3, rear brakes (a complete rebuild), tune ups, a rear bumper/tire carrier, saginaw power steering, seats were recovered, broncos that ran fair on the way in ran like new on the way out, at least one managed to not squeal when it left the shop.

I did take a few pictures before the camera died and I will get them posted later today.

I hate to start thanking everyone who helped out today because I know I will forget someone but here goes. viper, 777, JT, Shane, Shawn, Rox, 76.... The list goes on I know, I wish I had been more help but in the end (11pm for those hardy souls who stayed to watch as justin used his reverse steer to pull out of the shop) I could not be happier with how the day turned out. It was the first of many such days I am positive.

T hanks again everyone.

Greg

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: first of many I am sure, July breakfast and shop day
Thanks for opening up your shop and letting us all come down! I wish I could have stayed longer, dang family functions. Hopefully next time I'll be bringing my rig over for a few projects. It was awesome to meet everyone and I learned a ton from watching and helping out on the few things I did. Looking forward to the next one!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gregg, thanks so much for hosting this event. Even though I did not get to work on my project, I did help (probably get in the way) with several others. I learned alot and can't wait till the next one so I can bring mine and have the experts work on mine. Jayson

Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome time fo sure. It was great to able to help other people after everyone helping me at the gear install. Meeting new people and seeing there rigs is a bonus as well. Sounds like it ended up being a late night. Wished I could have hung out longer. Kaden was itchin to go ride his bike!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Greg - your shop is always tons of fun. I had a great time B.S.ing with you guys. Sorry I wasn't more help than just bringing beers. This is a fun group of guys. Great seeing old friends and meeting a few new people yesterday - sorry I missed meeting Dukie and soco, but luckily there will be more events.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Guys, I can't express how much I appreciate the work that got done on my rig yesterday. Greg's description of a Saginaw install is an understatement for those who weren't there. The frame got notched and reinforced, the PS box went in, PS pump mounted, fuel pump replaced (with discovery of a "mod" by the PO). It was a major project made easier by many helping hands. We also got my rear bumper and tire carrier built, which was a big job by itself. I'm blown away by the generosity of time and energy that was put out. Any of you need a hand with something, please let me know. I had a great day that was made better by excellent company! Oh, and thanks for not giving my brother in law too hard a time for showing up in a Heep! laughing2

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Picture time-

Special thanks again to Shane and JT for your help and expert fabricating, not to mention the Plasma cutter and 220 wire feed. 2 more tools for the list...A few of the rigs that showed up....jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

More pictures - wish I had a bunch more but unfortunately the phone died... I hope someone has some of the fabrication on the Justin's bumper and more...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And the last of them....

Thanks again everyone - My boys and I really had a great time.

Greg

Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Had a great time...great to meet you all and spend the better part of the day working on Broncos. My Bronco does seem to be charging properly...a special thanks to Phil and Mike for their help on that. Also thanks to those of you who helped figure out the pass. door workings. I did realize on the way home that I need to buy a bikini top...dang...it was scorching hot even with the top of back to the Springs. At the end of the day...happy to be part of a group of EB nuts who are very generous with their knowledge and time. Thanks, Brent

Pics to come...

Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

just a few pics I took yesterday...

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

the last few pics...

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Id like to see a pic of how Justin's bumper turned out if anyone has it...also...curious how the PS went in...were you all working on that alone til 11pm?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll post up a pic in the next couple of days!

Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks...did everything work out w/ the PS?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yup, should have it taken care of today. I don't have the right fitting yet, but I should be able to take care of that tomorrow. It's working out great. Entertainingly I also ran out of gas on the way home. Wasn't a big deal, just switched tanks, but made for a moment of confusion since I also swapped out the fuel pump.

Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

justin did the fuel pump help the fuel issues you where having ?

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I really enjoyed the day! Hope to do this more often and maybe different venues to include them southerners in the Springs area. lmao

Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OK Folks,

I really appreciate the thought, but I do not expect any payment for using the shop on these shop days. In fact, I expect to continue to host these and take full advantage of all you experts and guru's to make ours the most awesome bronco (hope to make that plural before to long...) in town and on the trails.

So there is no need for you to donate tools... Unless you happen to have a plasma cutter or tube bender just lying about that you wish to share....

icon biggin

So if you recognize any of these - by all means, let me know so I can return them to their proper owners. They miss their tool brothers and sisters. Yes, that includes the blankies (2 of them). Otherwise, they will live here in my shop, hanging out with some my tools just waiting for a good strong hand to turn them...

Thanks again all.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Was fun seeing some of yous guys again and meeting some new folks. Too bad I couldnt help more, pizza delivery was about the biggest contribution I made, (note to self any more than 4 costco pizzas could result in a disaster if not placed on a cart, they are heavy)
me being on call and called out twice didn't allow me to do much more than stand around and throw out opinions or ideas to see if they might work.

I had a few small fixes on mine. driver door lock works again and my window track lines up, also discovered some of my steering slop was because the box was loose on the frame (embarassing)

was a good thing being there though as it might be a large kick in the rear to get working on mine again and continue with all the ideas floating around in my head.

Thanks alot (lots of sarcastic tone) to Entourage, after seeing his sweet rig it makes my mall cruiser look like garbage.
Freakin nice truck man.
First thing I did was measure my garage when I got home, might have some taller springs comin my way, also guess I have to get moving on the install of my rear Beard (shamed into it) and front bumper should be built too so i can get you guys the bender for the group build.

Gregg huge props to you for the use of your shop most of us only dream to have that much usable space in the shade.

here was a must have pic of Justin "makin it fit" EB style.

Justin EB grinding.jpg

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:37 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for doing this Greg, the use of your shop was a very thoughtful of you. Oh I left my shop light there (red handled rechargeable mac tools) Cant leave without leaving something there. LOL

I have some crappy pics of the Bumper build as we were working on the tire mount but forgot to take what we had completed.
Here is a link to my album where the 3 pics I took are. Got busy enjoying the beers and working on my welding skills and forgot to take more. laughing2

http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s318 ... ot%20Rods/

Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

HOLY CRAP!!!! What the heck is stickin out of lens hood?? Injectors? Looks like another awsome weekend thanks for posting up the pics.! beer

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Air intake runners. I didn't see it with the hood open, so I'm not sure how he has the engine set up, but ya, it was a wild ride.

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tire carrier looks great! I need to get on the list for one of those for the next shop day.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It came out pretty sweet. I need to do some cleanup work and paint it up, but will post up pics when I get it done.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next