[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - CCB In Ouray Aug 2011
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 10:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ] 
 CCB In Ouray Aug 2011 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: CCB In Ouray Aug 2011
I am sitting here at work were it was 99 yesterday and 100 today thinking I should have called off sick for the weekend. Those are some great pictures of the scenery (the EB's look nice also). Jayson

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:19 pm
There are some calendar pics in that group.

Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Very nice pix Dan. Man I sure would have loved to have been there. Mustard looks like she was right at home in that environment. Man I really wanted to make a new Black Bear video with a teaser trailer too.
I have a question though, what's with the pic 2nd up from the bottom with all the Broncos with their hoods up?

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:00 pm

Im jealous for sure. I want to go down there so bad.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here are all my photos from the trip:
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78 ... ay%202011/

Some of the highlights:

I told the guys that I was jealous I hadn't been able to attend any of the "Tech Days" you have had on the front range, so Mike & Jeff arranged for a "Trail Side Fuel Pump Replacement Tech Day"

Some construction traffic on Red Mountain Pass:

Putting Chad's hood prop rod to good use:

Old mine going up Yankee Boy Basin:

Spencer flashing "devil horns", ROCK ON!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Since everyone had "commitments" on Saturday afternoon, me and Andrew (a former Coloradan) drove up into Governor's Basin & Sydney Basin after everyone else headed into town. It was rougher and, in my opinion more scenic, than the Yankee Boy drive, plus there were far less people up there. Sydney Basin was real tough, and fun, didn't get many pics because the wheeling was so tough, my thoughts were on the trail, not the camera:

This spot was at about 12,500', the trail was off camber, my "Level-o-Gage" sat at 30* jawdrop :

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

One of the best wheeling trips I had ever been on, for sure. First time the Bronco has ever been up wheeling. I fought some overheating issues the first day, but still made it though. Pulled the thermostat and boiled it. Was not opening up, so pulled the guts out of it to make it through the rest of the trip. Still got hot, but never boiled over. Lack of radiator cooling time involved with that as well. But everything else ran smooth on the trip.
So many great rigs up there, there was a bunch of Broncos. Just couldn't get everyone in a group photo at the same time.
Views were just amazing, just got a taste of what's out there. So much more to see. I cannot wait to go back. Too bad I forgot my camera, and my phone was constanly dead, so i didnt get a lot of pics. Here's a few of them
What a awesome group of guys, gal and kids!

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So glad I was able to go !

We had a blast wheelin' and hangin out with friends, new and old.

I will post some pics after work today.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It was a great weekend, with a great group. I'm looking forward to the Taylor/Tin Cup trip, hope to meet more of the club in September.

Chad

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was plagued all weekend with vapor lock and fuel pump issues. Replaced my fuel pump at the beginning of Black Bear Pass on Friday. On Saturday, I vapor locked big time on Yankee Boy. Going home, my one day old fuel pump went south going up Monarch Pass. Shane was kind enough to let me drive his rig home and trailer mine to my house.

A special Thank You to Gunnibronco, CobShane and Rox Crusher for their help throughout the weekend. I'll post pix tonight when I get home.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:13 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mike,

Sorry to hear you had more troubles on the way home. I was glad to help. Like you said, its "Bronco karma", someday I'll be the one sitting on the side of the trail needing help. Good luck, I'm guessing you'll have an electric fuel pump the next time I see you.

Chad

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow Mike that really sucks. Glad to see you were able to trailer it to get it home. Looks like fuel line reroute and wrap is on order as well as a new pump.
Gunnibronco and cobshane great pix. Thanks.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Man seeing those pics bring me back to being there. I have a lot of the same pics, even posed on the same spots! Glad to hear you had fun!!!

...after the trails down there, the shelf roads around here dont seam so bad huh?

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ok, I only got a few pics so I hope you like them

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I could not thank anyone enough for all the help on this trip. It's amazing how much this crew would go out of there way too help each other out.
My special thanks go to Jeff, Denise, and Dan for helping me with, part 1 trailer issues. No one was even frustrated with the situation.
Thank you so much Denise for getting the kiddos to a safe area to hang out.
Part 2 trailer issue was a tire separation I noticed while filling up. Luckily I had spares. So I just had Wally mart swap out all four. Thanks too once again Jeff. Had Mike and Chad waitin with me on this one as well. Thank you all for sticking with me through all my troubles. It made me appreciate this trip that much more.
For all the troubles that were involved for me and everyone else, it was all worth it. Just an amazing experience with a fantastic crew.
I can't wait to do some more trips. Minus that trailer. laughing2

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Hey, this is Andrew from Austin. Just joined the forum.

I want to thank everyone again for letting me crash your event. I had an awesome time and really enjoyed wheelin with you. A great group of friendly people who are willing to do anything for each other. It is a breath of fresh air. I hope to make it up every year for a summer run and will be watching this forum to see what you are up to.

Unfortunately I am back in hell. Left Pagosa Springs yesterday at 5AM and the outside temp was 39. Arrived back in Austin to 104. Ouch!

I am working on pairing down my pics and will post them up in the next day or two.

Thanks again.
Andrew

Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:21 am

I posted my pictures at the link below. I added some topo maps showing our routes. Took a while to get it down to 66 pictures.

At home the pictures looked over exposed but at work they seem under exposed. Amazing what different monitors do.

Anyway, let me know if anyone wants hi-res versions of any of these.

Andrew

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Amazing pics everybody. I know that we could fill a calendar with just your Ouray trip.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pictures everyone. I love seeing the Broncs in a line getting it done.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Andrew some great photos.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great to meet you Andrew, I had a blast on Saturday PM up in Governor's & Sidney basin. Hope to catch you at another event.

Great pics, everyone. The scenery was just amazing everywhere you turned. You'd have to try to get a boring shot. I posted some pics on my facebook account, and got a ton of great comments on the views & the trucks.

Chad

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Some of the pix I took.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And some more.....

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great wheeling with ya Andrew! Sure we will cross paths again. Be sure to let us know when you cruise up to the Rockies again. Great pics!

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]