[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Camping--MSV-Coney Flats--Plane Crash--Park Creek(night run)
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Camping--MSV-Coney Flats--Plane Crash--Park Creek(night run) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Camping--MSV-Coney Flats--Plane Crash--Park Creek(night run)
The trip went well. Rox and his kids met up with my Dad and I and we caravaned to the trails, we got there at about six and found us a great campsite. We got camp all set up before the second rain shower came in, or should I say we got the condo all set up. (haha had to do it Rox!) It was a fun night we cooked hamburgers and hot dogs and told stories. We taught the kids how to shoot the BB gun and hit pop cans. After the kids went to bed my dad and I took off for a night ride and to test out the offroad lights and it turned into a great adventure. We started up MSV and went about a mile and then decided we would save it for the morning so we headed back to do Park Creek trail. Park Creek trail was MUCH MUCH tougher than it shows in the trail description. It was well rutted in and looked like is was a riverbed with large boulders and trees to hit the truck every where. The trail was so wet from the rain it became very slick and turned out to be very tough. The lights worked great and the NEW carb (TA 670 ran flawlessly and never struggled once, Unbelievable!!! After a lot of spotting and tricky driving we made it up the five miles to the top of the trail. At the top of the trail it was barely wide enough for my bronco through the trees, we are talking inches from trees on both sides. We worked our way back down and didn't make it back to camp till 2:30 AM. Well worth it though!

The next morning we woke up and had some sausage cooked on the fire (so good) and packed up camp. I headed out to pick up Sean (Gregg screen name) and his kids. We got him all set and in four low and we were off. We decided to run Plane crash first, its a good trail that required some good driving. It was a great way to get Sean broken it, and show him what his bronco was capable of. Lets just say he did lots of obstacles he never thought it had a chance on. He did have a nasty vapor lock that we showed him how to work through, and gave him some good tips how to fix it. We got the the Plane Crash and walked around and then headed back down. It took us a good while to run this trail but it was well worth it because we taught a bronco brother how to wheel his bronco. Rox kids and Seans kids had a ton of fun!!! After we got back to the bottom we aired Sean and Rox up and set them on their way home as it was two thirty. My Dad and I decided we couldn't be that close to MSV and not run it so we went up it alone. Just as we got to the trail head it started to rain but only a small drizzle to start. That is a fun trail when it wet, it gets really slick. It is a little more dug out than it was two years ago. we made it to the top just fine though and man is the river high and runny very fast. We started up Coney Flats and that first hill climb was very good, it was like driving on grease and of course I took all the hard lines, I mean its a Bronco so why not!!! The Pond crossing up top is pretty high right now and fun. right after we crossed the pond it started to poor so we threw the tarp on and kept going. aAfter five more water crossings it turned to hail and all the trails we now streams, actually the trails were already streams from all the rain haha. So after parking under a tree for it to pass we eventually found the end of the trail and were on our way home.

The only carnage we had was my cell phone. It got wet and didnt work for a while but I sun baked it dry today and its back to life. Lucky one there.

Heres the pictures. Sorry real camera dead so most of the pics are cell phone pics.

CAMP

Night Run on Park Creek (missed picks of the real tough stops, oh well)
Trees were close

Plane Crash Trail

MSV and Coney Flats

Videos

More video to come once they upload

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Camping--MSV-Coney Flats--Plane Crash--Park Creek(night
Great pictures, videos, and write up, Zen. You guys are good sports to roll with the rain, mud, streams, etc. Nice job. Four wheeling with a full moon and that owl had to be so cool!

Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dang I wish I made it. Looks like a awesome time! All that water makes it look more fun.

Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Zen - thanks again, we had a great time wheelin and camping on this short little trip, I just wish we could have made it a full week end.

We didn't get to do MSV and the water crossings I was looking forward to but we can do that another time (soon I hope).

I was still struggling with a slight vapor lock too but no where near as bad as Shawn's. He got to learn about his rig and what it could do while his kids had a great time. He'll be doing Bronco stunts in no time. And yeah, I still think his paint job is one of my favorites.

My kids (especially Spencer) couldn't stop blowing Zen's air horn..............he would blow it and quickly cover his ears because "daddy, it is too loud". Priceless fun.

That picture of the owl is really cool. Zen watched it catch a rabbit right in front of his rig.

I didn't totally miss out on water crossings though...........we went home through Nederland and ran into the most severe rainstorm I have seen in Colorado. The ditches along 72 and 119 were running like creeks and they would cross the hiway in some places. Not quite the same I am sure.

boardin

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

last two videos of trip uploading now. yes video of the lake. thumbs up

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wait a minute, wait a minute. Two working horns on one bronco - that has to be some sort of record. Neither of my broncos had horns.

Great trip report. Looks like a blast. Man, you guys up north are getting some moisture this year!

J.D.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:35 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I just wanted to post how awesome this trip was with Zen and Rox. I hadn't 4 wheeled anything like this before and it wouldn't have been possible without the assistance of these truely amazing fellows. Zen knows his stuff and how to explain it to a rookie while Rox keeps things cool (not his engine). I'm eager to take care of some of those vapor lock issues so I can keep the next caravan moving.

Its guys like you that symbolize how great this club is. Thank you.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

SWEET VIDS!! I wish I could have made it!

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Guys for all the nice comments. Shawn I guess I took your video on your phone, hope you can post it. It sure was fun. Hope to see you all on a trip down the road. Here are a couple more videos. Rox was liking to flex out.

Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Man, I'm going to start crying soon from missing all these great trips. Keep the pics and write ups coming!

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:31 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awsome pic's! looks like you guy's had a lot of fun!

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]