[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Labor Day Wheeling and Camping
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 11:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Labor Day Wheeling and Camping 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Labor Day Wheeling and Camping
We're back! Pics and report to follow!

Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Labor Day Wheeling and Camping
Had a great turnout this weekend. A couple of people camped over Friday night to snag us a great spot. We met up around 10 on Saturday to run Middle St. Vrain and Coney and had 6 rigs attending. Lots of fun was had at the lake at the top of Coney, with ViperWolf making the best bow wake. This was the point we stopped for lunch and then headed down Coney. After finishing Coney we stopped for group photos. Rtreads, BTW, tell your wife mine thinks she rules. She'll know why. After finishing up wheeling for the day we then camped about 10 minutes outside of Camp Dick in a really great spot. Lots of room, a nice fire ring and plenty of squirrels for the dog to hassle. I think we had enough beer for 3x the number of people that were there. We attempted to trade beer for firewood and discovered a remarkable coincidence. The highlight was probably kinder and family deciding to spend another of his too-few nights home at the campsite with us.

Sunday Viper, RoxCrusher and myself ran Jenny Creek (after showing up late and missing Zoso and Booger-sorry again!). Jenny is a truly awesome trail, even if the access road is 12 miles of potholes held together with 1 mile of actual "road". The scenery is beautiful, the obstacles tough enough to be fun but doable on 33's and driving up the creek is a good time. The only really sketchy spot on the trail is a short off camber area where the trail is washed out. Apparently it collapsed under a Jeep a few weeks ago, rolling the truck into the creek. It has been sort of repaired, but it may be a good opportunity to partner with whatever club maintains that trail to get it fixed. There was no snow on Jenny which made the upper end much easier. It'd be a significantly tougher trail in the snow. We had to scoot up Jenny kind of quickly since my wife was nice enough to give me a hall pass on our anniversary with a promise to be home in time for dinner out. I'm suprised that Jenny is only rated a 4 at TrailDamage and Coney is a 5-6. It definitely seemed like a trail with more challenging obstacles. It may be a matter of how the trail has changed since the original ratings were put in place. I don't have many pics from this weekend since I was driving solo, but here is what I have. We had lots of picture takers out on the trail (mostly Saturday-I want to see those videos!) so hopefully more will get posted up. This was a great combo of trails to do in a weekend, so I'm hoping we can have more club events in the area. Good turnout, great food, no breakage or other trail problems made for a really successful club outing. Many thanks to those who came and were part of a fun time!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:31 pm
I had a great time wheeling and camping. The weather was perfect. Shawn did good with the unlifted Junkyard Dog. He even ran an extra 4x4 trail up to the campsite. laughing2

Here are a few pics. I was at the end of the line on MSV and Coney Flats so I didn't take many. Most of the time I was watching Jeff restart his engine. Damn carb guys. poke

Jenny Creek was a fun trail. I had never run it before and neither did Jeff or Justin. At the first creek crossing it looked like we might be in for a very long day but it wasn't too bad after that first crossing. One locker and 33's will get you through the trail easily. Anything less will make it challenging in a few places.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and the fun didn't stop there either.............

Viper and I decided to continue up to the top of Rollins Pass to see an old railroad tunnel. They had it blocked off so you couldn't walk through it but it was still interesting to see.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 2&t=h&z=17

We went up passed Jenny Lake and were really wishing we had brought our fishing poles.

Me and my family had a blast. MSV & Coney were good but my waaaaaay better half didn't care for all the rocks. She liked the water crossing best.

Jenny Creek is absolutely my kind of trail as it had some challenging sections and a lot of nice scenery. I have 3.5" lift on 33" tires with a limited slip diff in the rear and open diff up front and a vapor locking engine. With all of this I made it through with little effort and no damage.

We even had a couple mountain bikers watching in awe as we maneuvered the rock obstacle at the beginning of the trail right after you cross the creek for the first time.

Would like to do this one again later this fall.

It was really fun to hang out with a bunch of great people and enjoy all that Colorado has to offer.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Glad you guys had fun. If the dang cell phones would have worked we woulda waited for you guys. Right after we pulled out of rollinsville I kept watching my mirror. I swear I saw what looked like jeffs bronco pull in. But didnt see anyone else. Must have been a heep or something.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

What a great time! A big thanks to everyone who came along and spotted the unlifted (and carbed) Junkyard Dog or gave me $hit for trying to be safe getting to the campsite.
Rox-As always its a blast hanging out with you, even if you can't find peaceful valley.
Kinder-I understand why you would spend 1/2 your military leave with this bronco club. It was awesome to see you and watch your pyro son.
Justin-you have a cool dog. Did Viper ever find (step in) his surprise.
Viper-Here are some GPS coordinates you should go to for all your trail humor:N 42° 26.070 W 083° 59.157
rtreads and treads- Thanks for your trail spotting expertise, If you only knew what I thought of you going up some of that...stuff.
ZOSO and others, sorry the sunday hook-up didn't work out together. I'll look forward to you spotting me another time.

Again, I'm proud to be in such good company. Thanks for a great trip!

Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks to all for the trip on Saturday. It was a blast. I have been over MSV and coney 2 times prior, and you all made this trip the best by far. Both my wife and I had a blast!!

I took a ton of video I will try to get thru it as soon as possible. I will make sure to post up the best ones.

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pics guys - I really missed out on trail rides and camping this summer, but hoping next year I can get out a couple times. The group shots and water crossings pics are so cool.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:03 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll start this with a quote from my wife, "I had a great time, it's one of the best camping trips we've done." Now that is something considering I've dragged her all over the world and up too many mountains and trails to name. My whole family had a great weekend and we really enjoyed wheeling and camping with you guys, it was a crazy busy and at the same time relaxing weekend.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Is anyone missing a green collapsable chair ?

You know the kind with the steel frame and mesh fabric that collapses so it can go in a storage bag. Kinda like this one.

http://target.scene7.com/is/image/Targe ... 18&hei=618

Anyway, I ended up with an extra one and would like to get it back to the owner.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]