[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - CCB Chinamen's Gulch October 2011
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 CCB Chinamen's Gulch October 2011 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post CCB Chinamen's Gulch October 2011
I wanted to show off my new avatar. I'm sure Dan will approve. I'm uploading pics right now I'll have them up in a minute.

Awesome day, awesome rigs, great people.

Met up at the Gunsmoke restaraunt in Johnson's Village with a bunch of rigs. Had a quick breakfast and headed to the trail.

The whole trail is rocky and challenging with a lot of elevation change.

There were a few obstacles where some of the big dogs showed off & I got a bunch of great photos.

Here is my photobucket album:
http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg78 ... ns%202011/

I'll show off some individual pics in some posts below.

Chad

Last edited by Gunnibronco on Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: CCB Chinamen's Gulch October 2011
The first obstacle had two routes through, the more difficult routes were unbelievable. Crawler came through and I got a great sequence of shots:

Mere mortals tackling the human route:

One of my favorite pics:

His second attempt:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I didn't get too many more pictures, but the second obstacle had an easier route & a harder route. My clutch went out of adjustment and I was stuck in 1st gear when I attempted it. I knew if I didn't get it on the first try it was going to be a PITA to back up so I gave it a lot of right foot and bounced my way to the top. It was a blurr to me, but I'm hoping there is some video out there somewhere.

Here are a couple pics of the second obstacle, before I launched it:

The third obstacle was too easy, so Dan reorganized it. Had to stay far, far right to make it through. Lots of diffs, tie rods, and horns customized by this spot:

The whole stable at the end of the trip, everyone back safe, sound, and a sporting a little trail damage:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Dan was always out front with Ketchup, but I did get a good set of pics at the first spot:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Alright, one Jeep pic, this CJ8 was bad ass:

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

looks awesome man, like you guys had a great day, i wish i could've been there, i was planning on building my adjustable coil buckets on mine and getting them installed but had to many other things to take care of, i'll still definitely be at the 2nd annual meeting though, those are awesome pics of jason's rig!

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:35 pm

I had a great time. I didn't take any pics but I know we got 40+ minutes of video. It'll be a while bodies the guru gets it all made up. That trail was a lot harder then people say. Im sure if I had my fullsize I would taken on so damage.

On a side note. I drove us home and I gotta say wow. That ecoboost runs Damn good. Couldn't even tell the trailer was back there. Some guy in a chevy was pissed I was pulling on him goin up crow hill. I wasn't even on it either. Oh and he was empty. Oh and we got 10.8 mpg too.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gotta find my camera to see if I have much on it. Took video when Zoso wasn't manning the camcorder. I also hope I have some good GoPro video. I did watch my camcorder video last night and I can honestly say video doesn't do what we saw firsthand any justice.

Chad it was really great meeting you and running this trail with you. You got some great shots.
Dan thanks for the great time and the ribbing when I almost circumvented the first play challenge.

Like Zoso said it was funny as hell to see that Chevy working it's tail off to make sure he wasn't blown away going up Crow hill. Rod started the bottom at 35 in the slow lane and just accelerated to speed limit when the Chevy tried to pass. We would have made it alot more challenging except for the slow traffic in front of us. The next uphill we were pulling alongside him when he saw us and made sure we stayed behind. Funny. I wonder what would have happened had we not had 6000+ in tow.

Cut it a little to close and almost ran out of gas on the way home. Didn't fuel in Fairplay on the way home (figured it would be close) and just as we came down out of the mountains the miles to E went from 50 to 20. It's 20 miles from Bandimere to home. Crap. Stopped at the Conoco next to Bandi and put in 24 gals in a 26 gal tank. Hmmmmm, 20 miles home 10 mpg average, we might have made it.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh Gunni that 01 on the side of your Bronco was definitely deserving after that run up the waterfall. LOL

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

[quote="zillacon"]Had a great time and yes Chad you earned that new Avatar! You stole the Hazard County award from Hockey Dads boys! burnout

I didn't know this was a competition.

The first Annual CCB Bucking Bronco Award, the prize is 3 rashed rims and a bent steering! I'm honored.
I'm usually a fairly mild mannered driver, I'm not sure what happened. It sure was exciting, though.

I'm very happy that there was a good turnout. Its very nice to put a name, a face, a Bronco, and some stories with the anonymous screen names we all have. I joined CCB because I thought that it would be cool to communicate with some more local guys, than CB.com. I remember telling a friend, I might actually get to see some of these Broncos, and meet some of these guys. I thought I was just joining a forum, but its turned out to be so much more. 10 months, 3 trips, a ton of stories & a bunch of new friends. I haven't met anyone I didn't like. Starting to sound like a CCB fanboy. But really, whats not to like.

Thanks
Chad

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It was great meeting everyone on the trail. What a great group! We sure had a fun day, and definitely appreciate all the spotting by the pros. It's fun to run with the "Wild Broncos". We have never wheeled with so many Bronco at one time!

Doug & Sarah

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Haven't figured out how to load my album, so I'll post some more pics.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here are some more pics with the group at the end of the ride.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

some more of a great day with a awesome bunch of people

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

some more pics

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:07 am
Fantastic trip. Great people, great weather, challenging trail.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:55 am
A few more.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow! What a fun day it was. It was a great group and we had a very good time. Not too much carnage, just a few scratches here and there. Chinamen's is such a fun trail and allowed all of us to challenge our rigs. I was very proud of my Bronco and all it did. After a little ribbing from Zilla I did most all the tough lines. Dan and Crawlercreations gave me some very good lines, Thanks guys! I didnt take quite the same lines as leven386 and Crawlercreations, those two took some crazy big lines!! Never have I felt like my rig was so small!! lol My bumper saved me from some major rear quarter damage(see in pics), best thing I have built on my rig!!!lol My new Truck Avenger 670 ran great and never stumbled and never died. It is a great feeling to pull up on an obstacle and not worry about going into a free roll backwards when it shuts off. Once again my bronco proved to me that it is far more capable than I am willing to believe. As Zilla said I just need to continue to become one with my Bronco and I will make it most anywhere. Thanks to all who showed up, it was so great to make many new friends. Cant wait to wheel again with you all. My next upgrade will be Rocker guards!! Then I wont worry about ripping them off.

Now on to the picture and I will have some videos up later tonight.

Dan tell your friends from CO4x4 thanks it was fun. Please tell the guy in the built Chevy thanks for hanging back and making sure we all got off the trail fine.

I took the right line but as I got going up I had to bump it and the bump pushed me to the left and I ended up on the rock. I came down really hard on the bumper and it saved my fender, I thought I trashed the fender! lol

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well until about 5 AM on Saturday morning I was still going but a very sick 2 year old grandaughter and a equally tired wife who had about 2 hours of sleep changed my plans for the weekend.
It looks like you all had a great time. I wished I could have gone but I'm sure my wife and grandaughter appreciated more what I did for them.

Awesome pix from everyone.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:23 pm

Mike you probably would beat up that stocker. The trail was a lot tougher than we thought. But fun.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:03 pm
In the lineup picture, does anyone notice one Bronco that is missing something that all the others have?

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yea but Rox didn't need it either. Surprisingly no one needed the wire.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here is my video, Im sure some of the other guys have better video and more video of everyone. I was in the back of the group so I didn't get to see most of the group go over the obstacles.

http://youtu.be/7FS2MH6MT5w

Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Awesome trip report guys. I was already regretting not going, but I missed one heck of a trip! Looks like a blast!

J.D.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a great time and a great turn out. Love the pics and video. Cannot believe the obstacles you guys were able to do - WOW!

Lots of great pics and hope to see them submitte for the 2012 CCB Calendar. Like Rox said "Get that picture in the Calendar."

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Does anyone have a shot of Crawler going over that rock from the driver side?

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Oh, BTW, my avatar pic is coming down the V-notch. I did this trail last May and my cousin was in his Jeep and didn't want to go up all the obstacles, so I ran it backwards from what you guys did it. It's a fun trail.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next