[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Free Bird new wings 11-12
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 1:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Free Bird new wings 11-12 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Free Bird new wings 11-12
Thanks to all who came over and helped stab the new engine in Drews bronco. The weather was perfect, the crew awesome and the result is free bird getting very close to being ready to fly once again. We have to repair the streering box, wire up the electrical and fill the fluids, then it is time to bring her back to life.

Jeff and Jeff, Mike, Chris and Shawn, thank you again. Frank and Drew replaced the heater core, Cheri delivered on her promise of great food. Me, mostly I just fetched tools and laughed with the guys.

On to the photos...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Free Bird new wings 11-12
More pictures

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Greg, had a great time helping and enjoying the friendships new and old.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and more

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

and more again!

Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry I missed it! The up side was that I now have a full cage!. Looks like a good time, glad you got it in.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No worries let its know when you are planning to install that cage. In the meantime here are a few more pictures...

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And the good news is....

The frame is not cracked at the steering box. There is a serious reinforcing bracket that someone previously "welded" on but did not get decent penetration to the frame and those welds broke lose. The bolts have also worked lose. I will be removing the sheet metal from the front end, cleaning everything up, fixing the leaks and grinding the old welds off. Then reataching everything with new grade 8 hardware and proper welds. Paint and back on the road.

More than anything I am glad I am not going to be repairing the frame again....

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

no blocks of wood and mallets? laughing2

sorry I didnt make it, I have been slammed with classes and work.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry I missed it. Looks like your making progress.

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Does it breathe fire yet and does it need to be started every 3'? DO WE HAVE "ROX BIRD"???? laughing2 icon biggin laughing2

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nope, have not had any time in the garage since last sunday when I worked on the steering box which still needs rebuilt and reinstalled. Drew is supposed to remove the fender tommorow so we have better access to weld it back up bangtard hopefully this weekend. But not during the breakfast

Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]