[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Snow Wheeling Success
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 Snow Wheeling Success 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Snow Wheeling Success
Had a great time running up by Central City, I'll look to my GPS to give me the names of the roads we were on. I shot more video than stills, but should have brought a second battery, I'll get the video put together ASAP so you can see what a beast Jason's Rig is in the snow, of Course Ryan's Rig was just as stout, I had the runt of the litter but I kept up. Ended up using just about all my recovery gear I had brought with me (including the newly acquired recovery strap & snatch strap), plus I winched myself out of a drift I ran off the road into and Jason winched as well. Pics now, more later...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Post Re: Snow Wheeling Success
looks like a great time. Wish I coulda made it.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Way cool....

You guys aren't very nice...I was thinking about what I was missing all day!

See you got the little man out...better start building his bronco now :)!

How was the snow...would us "less equipped fellas" have been alright?

I see the camera....so get to work on showing us some tires spinning...he he!

Matt

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Files are stabilizing right now, only 5 hrs of processing to go! If the Bronco rode on air I bet i wouldn't need to add the additional process, but since the last video was so crazy I figured I'd try to help those that get sea sick easy. As far as access goes the bigger the tire the easier it was, I followed in the path that was cut and didn't have a problem, except when I ran it into the drift, you would've been fine. As a matter of fact any Bronco running 33's with a bit of a lift needs to man up and go on the next trail no matter where it is!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The "little fellas" would have been fine! Once the trail was cut it was fairly easy to follow provided you had complete axles! I, somehow, blew a hardened chrome-moly front axle shaft apart in the snow! I have been on some of the hardest trails in colorado with those axles and it decides the slippery snow conditions were the time to let go? Tore the end right off of the shaft. Super joint and stub shaft were perfect with no signs of damage at all. I guess maybe the cold got the best of it. Time for some RCV axles!

Had a great time today even with the broken Bronco! Can't wait to get it fixed and back out again! Maybe with a little less snow this time! Definitely a lot of snow out there!

Thanks for all the help with the recovery gear today Kirk! Very nice stuff...I am envious!

Next time I expect more CCB members!

Last edited by crawlercreations on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll have to dig through the files, but I don't think I got a good shot of the off camber that will show what it felt like. There were two spots that had the pucker factor up there, the first was a bit of rocks on a slope, but the snow made it feel a little uneasy. The second section had us thinking of safety above the normal dent causing kind, it was a exposed section on the ridge with a non-stop drop off. That is the one that had us pull the recovery strap out and hook up to another rig as an anchor point just in case we slid a bit more than expected.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like you guys had a great time. I am so happy you got some pics posted - what a beautiful State we live in and even cooler way to see it. Keep the pics coming and excited to see the Video and hear the V8's. So jealous!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm with Dan....

Killing me...I need to see some pics of the trail fix or dragging out.

Haven't you guys met me...this is how I learn!

Again...Super cool!

Matt

Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Jason, when you get the chance pull the pics off your phone and post up. I know you have one of me winching out of the drift.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Will do! May be tomorrow morning.....today wore me out!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I really didn't take many pics but here they are.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I'll get my bronco fixed in time to do any snow bashing this year. Maybe...

J.D.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:49 am

Where is the moving pic's?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:46 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been pulling extra hours w/work related things, I'll try to get it finished before this Sat.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Okay here it is! I hope you like AC/DC, it is a little on the long side, but I figured better to have too much than too little. Most of the vid is shot from the dash w/a few handheld views sprinkled in and of course there is a couple of engine revs for Entourage.

http://gallery.me.com/kirkinderbitzen#100075

Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

nice vid. thanks for sharing!

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That was a great video. Looks like so much fun. Thanks for posting that up.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry I missed this one! spank

I see some great winter month shots for the Calender Chad is working on!!!!

Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:51 am
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Fellas, I can cut it down to 3-5 minutes if there is a need to and also post up any size that fits the site better. I'm posting it to my gallery b/c I don't want to fill up our site w/video. I made it longer this time so others could sit shotgun and enjoy the ride.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Good video. Glad to see im not the only one who straps a camera to their dash.

Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My bronco is fixed and ready for some revenge!! Installed the new Yukon hardcore axle shaft today. And some twin sticks! I highly recommend NEVER buying the standard Yukon shafts! The long side shaft broke into 4 separate pieces! The hardcore line is very nice comparatively! And the Yukon super joints are awesome! I have broken 4 different front shafts and the u-joints show no sign of damage or wear! I have very high expectations for the hardcore line!

When is the next trip????

Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Plan it and I'll be there.

Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

thats awesome have to go on the next one.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]