[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Wheeling, Fishing and Camping this weekend (8-18/8-19)
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 3:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Wheeling, Fishing and Camping this weekend (8-18/8-19) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Wheeling, Fishing and Camping this weekend (8-18/8-19)
I want to post this up even though we dont have a solid plan yet. If you can make it on short notice, Great.
I'm looking at going up on Saturday and comming home on Sunday. Not fully sure where just yet but I will know more soon and will post up ASAP.

Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Wheeling, Fishing and Camping this weekend (8-18/8-19)
Will let you know later this evening. Hope to be able to go!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We are in, cleared for camping, wheelin and fishing. All weekend long

Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I vote option #2, then #1.

We could fish the arkansas, I know some scenic camping and fishing above B.V., cottonwood lake area. Used to be some mild mining/logging roads up there as well, but it has been years since I have been up there. it might have changed.

Wouldn't mind running chinaman, and Justin mentioned Bill More Lake, I know nothing about that trail.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I like that idea. I had some good luck fishing at Cottonwood lake a year or two ago. I dont know the area that well as for camping, unless we go over Cottonwood Pass, so I would lean on you for that. I would like to run Chinamans gulch once more as well and camp near the river somewhere for some more fishing.
Bill Moore Lake is a nice trail and with doing the Empire Loop (Bill Moore, Mill Creek and Red Elephant Hill) it makes for a good afternoon run. The only problem is its nowhere near B.V. (its I-70, Empire/Idaho Springs).
We should pick a trail some where off 285 to meet up and do a run on Saturday afternnon (Red Cone, Webster ???) with anybody who wants to just hit a trail. Then whoever is camping can run Chinamans on Sunday. I'm just thinking "out loud".

Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

All this sounds good. I used to camp above cottonwood lake along the stream. there are plenty of places and some pretty good fishing to be had there as well. As I said before, I have not been up there in years - like more than 10. There used to be some fairly good old mine roads and logging roads you could run, and I know of a absolutely gorgeous lake way up above timber line that is a short walk from a easy 4X4 trail (might be a bit much for most stock Subaru's) It used to be one of my fav's but the last time I was there, the fishing was done - fished out. Unless the fish have grown and folks have left them in the lake, not much there but a really nice place to have lunch.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok, what time do you want to hit the road on Saturday? where should we meet, Aspen Park King Soopers work for you?

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Aspen Park K.S. works fine. And anytime works as well. You know me, I will be up early - so if you want to start early - that is cool, if not - I will find something to fill my time, that is for sure. If we are going to hit a trail on the way up - perhaps we should wait until the masses have a chance to chime in this evening.

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Have fun, I won't be able to make it out that far. I'll be looking forward to some great pics!

Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:10 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The USA PRO CYCLE CHALANGE will be rolling over Cottonwood Pass on the 22nd. I hope its not going to be jam packed this weekend up in that area. I want to go away from pepole not into a crowded Cluster F***.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well then lets go with the bill more lake loop. Perhaps then Justin will be able to join as well.

Are you planning to tow the pop-up or tent this weekend?

Actually - Cottonwood tends to be busy all the time - one of the reasons I have not been back in recent years. Of course that applies to anywhere you want to go within reason of the front range anymore. The best camping I have done that did not require a back pack in the last 2 decades has been north of Steamboat. But that trip will have to be at least a 3 day weekend. Just to far for an overnight weekend trip.

Either way - I am cool with Cottonwood Lake - above the lake we should be able to find a few places to set up camp easy enough.

Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]