[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Surprise visit to 75DBE's house
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Surprise visit to 75DBE's house 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Surprise visit to 75DBE's house
Seeing as breakfast was pretty much a bust today, I decided to spring a little surprise on 75DBE. Already planning to go over this morning and lend a hand, I enlisted some help from some of the other COS boys. After all, John must be tired of all of my stories by now.

Colorado75Bronc (Corey) and another Bronco owner I know from work joined me.

The work we accomplished was amazing. I personally removed and then reinstalled an exhaust manifold. 75DBE and Chris installed the threaded studs in the transfer case. Corey installed the power steering pump and lines, installed the transfer case, relocated the coil, pulled the fan and fan shroud, identified a leak in the radiator, reinstalled the ground cable from the battery to the PS head, and made me put lock washers on EVERYTHING.

* Note: do not invite professional mechanic to your Bronco build. They will make you do things right.

I'm sure John snapped some pics. I was too busy finding lock washers, Corey was too busy doing everything, and Chris was just wondering how a simple meeting with Bronco guys turned in to him driving his 380z home covered in grease.

After the wrenching we stopped by Corey's house to view a new project he has going on. And then off a few blocks to meet some fellow Bronco brothers who were in the process of builds themselves.

No AKs were needed, so it was indeed a good day.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Surprise visit to 75DBE's house
Wow! What a crazy surprise! I felt so bad because I got home later than expected when my son's football game ran a bit long! But Corey and Zack and Zack's friend were just awesome! I was beside myself with surprise and just felt so humbled that these CCB guys would take the time out of their busy / precious weekends to help me with the 75DBE.

We did accomplish alot, but more than just the wrench turning and parts installation, I always learn so much from the guys in the club. I just wish I had a better garage to work from and tools and more of the "miscellaneous" parts lying around to make these ad-hoc efforts a little easier! All of the suspension stuff and all of the electronic stuff and all of the little "tricks" that everyone works into their builds. I feel like such a sponge and I just hope that someday -- at the "end" of this project -- that I can share what I have learned with new folks that join CCB.

It is always a couple of steps forward and a couple of steps back, but I am hoping to have this beast up and running -- if not driving every day -- before the end of October, just in time for some snow play!

As for pictures, I wish I had but I was so busy trying to make sure I wasn't wasting anyones time, I did'nt get to it. Next time, promise. I know now it is my turn to jump onto a work crew the next time someone needs a hand.

Thanks again Corey and Zach and C.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:55 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice job guys. That is damn nice surprise. Hope to see some pics.

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not a problem at all, like I said its hard to have a bronco club if we don't help each other out, and if they're all in the garage we're not getting anywhere

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:53 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I gotta be honest, having breakfast and then standing around in a parking lot looking at Broncos is fun. But it's days like yesterday that I absolutely love.

And if you are out there thinking "man, I would have loved to have had some help on my Bronco yesterday", well, you better watch out. You just might come home sometime soon to find a group of Broncos and a crew of guys waiting to lend a hand on yours as well. icon biggin

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The sixteen year old girl that lives across the street texted my son before we got home from his football game and said something along the lines of "Dom, did you know that your Bronco Club or whatever it is is at your house?" Was kind of funny!

I'm all up for joing Frank, Corey and anyone else that wants to make a surprise visit to another unsuspecting Bronco owner's place for a day of work!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is awesome guys! Way to go. I know I have had plenty of help working on our projects over the last 18 months or so, and have gone to help turn a wrench or two a couple of times. I am waayyy behind the curve when it comes to knowledge but like 75DBE - I am learning and more than willing to jump in and drive home a bit dirty to help a brother out from time to time.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like a cool time.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work fella's! Sounds like it was a wrenching party not to be missed!

Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]