[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - The cold is upon us....
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
 The cold is upon us.... 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post The cold is upon us....
And some of our Broncos will grow slower and see the road less often. Many will keep plugging along, seeking out snow and chilly autumn trails. As the seasons shift and things slow down around your house, now is a good time to start thinking about events. Tech events. Off road events. Anything event related. So as you start to reinstall hard tops, winterize coolant, and check the function of that "Pull For Heat" switch on the dash, don't forget to jot down those ideas about what YOU would like to be doing with your Bronco. We're anxious to here what kinds of stuff you guys are doing during your Bronco daydreaming.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: The cold is upon us....
I would recommend a blower motor upgrade tech class for those that don't have it already! I know my brother in law would benefit from it!

Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ya you need that and maybe a new heater core at the same time

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks to you, Zach, all I can think about is the best design for my winch mount. The rest of the winter list is fabbing a bumper to compliment the winch, hydroboost, pulling my body lift, sliders, finishing up my bodywork project that got interrupted by my move, replacing part of the inner fenders with perforated steel, reinforcing and expanding my roll cage, and attempting to have none of these projects turn into a frame off restoration.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Eh, as long as your are going to do all of that might as well pull it off the frame. Will just make everything easier to get to. icon biggin

The Terrible One

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Seriously, my wife would kill me. They'd have to locate my corpse through blood spatter analysis. It helps that I don't have enough headroom in the garage to pull the body without pulling the entire drivetrain out.

Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes! Heater blower upgrade!

Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:56 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd like to see us do a Hydroboost / 4x4x2 "class." :-)

Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've got a hydroboost write up that I did several years ago on another site that I can copy and paste up. Hydroboost is super easy to do and if you have everything on had, it can take less than 2 hours to do.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would really be interested in the Hydroboost instructions with a parts list if possible. Thanks JP

Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If people want a hydroboost class soon I'm about to do my install. Anyone want to make it a tech day? I've got a few parts to get, but that is easy.

Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tech day HB would be cool, I've got the Astro booster set aside for our Broncos, need lines and then tap or T the low pressure side. Mass buy on lines from a local source?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've been using rebuildable lines and fittings from Emrick and Hill. Pretty much the same stuff as Aeroquip, but black and stainless instead of blingy. I bet they'd give a quantity discount, and it would give everyone the flexibility to figure out how they want their lines routed. Want to set a day a few weeks or a month out?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yes, maybe early to mid November, October is full already.

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ya mid to late November would be best for me

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

OK, I can wait a bit to get it done. I'll see about finding a good rate on the hoses. Do you guys have strong feelings about rebuildable hoses vs. crimped ones?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Justin, I would be into the HB upgrade tech class as well. I've been mulling over doing that as an upgrade.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am available the first or second weekend of the November -- 11/3-4 or 11/10-11, but I am heading to CA for a one year delayed honeymoon and then Thanksgiving the following weekend. First weekend of December looks good as well!

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:34 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll touch base with the wife and see what's on the calendar for those two weekends. Sounds like the consensus is that mid Nov would be better for most, how does 11/10 work for everyone? I'm thinking that, depending on location, we can get at least a couple of rigs done and have those that don't get done well schooled on how to make the install happen.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

have all of you done the cherokee wiper swap? It works great! wipes so much better than stock. and considering all the crap that's going to be on the roads soon...it should definitely be on your "to do" list.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I did mine a few weeks ago. Was thanking the baby Jesus for it on Saturday during the drive back from Platte. Although, the lack of a decent defrost nearly rendered the wipers obsolete.

The Terrible One

Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

11/10 works, and lines that can be rebuilt or modded sound good as long as the price is reasonable.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd never heard of the cherokee wiper mod. another one to add to the list, thanks!

Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:30 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cherokee wiper mod is super easy, and not expensive. If you by all new stuff from the parts store it is around $50 for wipers and blades. Takes less than an hour. We could knock out 20 rigs in an afternoon assembly line style.

Might even get enough interest to create a mass buy discount on the parts.

96 Jeep Cherokee rear wiper arms (2)
13" blades (2) to fit.
Hack saw, 2 pop rivets and a drill.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Its funny as hell when you go in to tell a parts store geek that you need two arms. Way back when I did mine, the kid told me that I only needed one arm, that they didn't make Cherokees with 2 rear wiper arms. I told him that mine was a Canadian model and he just said "huh, ya learn something new every day". I knew one of the guys behind the counter and he about died laughing as I told that to this kid with a straight face. Next time I went in, the guy I new told me how this kid was telling everyone on staff that Canadian models were different from American models.

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:48 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You can run a 14" blade instead of the 13"

Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:34 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wiper upgrade is something I need to do. I hate those crappy flimsy things and I've got different arms. Of course I wish I hard the park setup working on my wipers but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work when I did the Centech harness.

HB is another upgrade whose time has come as well.

Spiritual owner of the now Zoso mobile (1974 Bronco Ranger - EFI 351W-4R70W-ARB front and rear-STC softtop- High Country hood-3 1/2" WH lift- Cross inboard rear shock mnt- Duffs bumpers- Warn 8274- 33's- Cheby disc conversion)

Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 30 posts ]