[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Snow Run
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Snow Run 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Snow Run
Was talking to rtreads today at the ACB breakfast, got me thinking about a snow run. Not too much doing yet, but maybe in a few weeks or a month. Anyone interested?

Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Snow Run
Interested! Drove my bronco around today just for fun, now I an ready to kill some snow!!

Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Heck yea. I really want to try out some snow with real tires!!!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I dunno, it was fun watching you on your old ones. fire fire

Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:32 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well duh!

Of course if the lords of sport and scheduling allow for a weekend day with no hockey - we will be thrilled. Snow bashing is the utmost fun!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm game, may need 2 add some airbags!

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:08 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Greg, what weekends do you have open?

Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'd be interested in going but will probably have to sit shotgun with someone-- my Bronco is most likely up for the winter depending on how quickly I get the work done.

Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in a boot from a ruptured Achilles tendon. But. Dyin to go wheelin. When? Where? Let's go!!!!!!!! I'm sure I can push through the pain.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Still not enough snow up here to make it any fun. I've been traveling through the mountains weekly and this past weekend they finally got some snow 6-12". If you're wanting to play in some deep stuff gonna have to wait till January or February I'm sure. I don't know the conditions down in the springs tho. I liked the my baldy snow trip we did last year. That was a lot of fun.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:07 am

So whats the plan? I'll need to do some work on my bronco but Im ready to go snow bashing.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:54 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm not sure what has snow. I was up in the Yankee hill area last week and there was no snow until near the top. I couldn't get to the actual trail until lower down, so I'm not sure how much was there.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I propose we make a 2000 mile drive to Mass/the NE and go bash some 30" fresh powder.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

2000 miles x $3.25 per gallon / 9 miles per gallon= $722.22. Still worth it, lets go. Seriously, though, lets go snow wheeling. Looks like there was some snow up at the top of Yankee at the end of last month, seems like there should be more there now. http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/ ... hp?t=19054 We could also head up to Summit county where we'd have snow for sure.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:45 pm

we could try georgia pass from the south(285) side. Its closed for on the north side for snow mobiling tours during the winter. Its just a dirt road that could have some deep snow up top.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Crawler mentioned that he is going to check out a couple of spots we've done snow runs at before, hopefully he'll find some of the white stuff.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:23 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool, when are we going? I'm booked the last Saturday in Feb and the first one in March. Eck and I are taking a couple of welding classes.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:35 pm

as of right now im booked the first weekend of march and need to find time to do a once over on the bronco. I havent drove it since we ran gordon gulch last march.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kirk is right and I was thinking about it today...I am going to try my best to get up this upcoming Saturday, yep that right THIS Saturday the 16th of February to see what the snow looks like. Would be nice to have some company but I know this is very short notice. Really, I am going scouting to see if its worth putting together an actual snow run for. The spot I am going to will get above tree line so I am assuming snow is a guarantee, its just a matter of how much is there! It is just outside of Idaho Springs going up near Saint Mary's Alice. Definitely been there a lot before. The road is very wide with very little risk of going off the road and causing body damage. No cliffs/ mountainsides or ledges really. 2wd trail when dry, lucky to make it to the top before late June after snow, usually. I need to look my bronco over and get the heater hooked up but I will be running topless and doorless! Going to head up US 6 to avoid the highway speeds with no top and doors.

Any interested parties post up and we will work out the details.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I might be game. Let me talk to the wife and see what's already on the calendar. Alex has been wanting me to take him for a run in the snow. That area would be perfect for me.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like its time to pop the camper, let me see if I can get it put away this week and I'll go.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Going to have to miss this one - hockey boy is playing in a tournament in Cali..... San Diego no less....

They don't have hockey in southern California...

Besides - he needs to replace the hubs (so the timing on the thread discussing what is the best couldn't have been better)

Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:05 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We have a project on top of Miners Messa (the mountain that runs up the north side of Blackhawk) that I just came back from checking.

Cold - yeah, I mean really cold.... But not much for snow, just 2-3 inches. Might be more a bit further west and higher but it sure did not look like there is much on the front range in that area yet.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I didn't see any snow at all when I was out last week until I hit 10,000 feet, and then there was 6-12" up around Alice/St. Mary's.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We might wait till March. That's the snow month!

Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm game.
How many of you run chains on these runs?

Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've never ran chains, but that isn't to say they aren't needed in the really deep or soft stuff, they are a good alternative to digging out or needed if there is no winch point. I usually use a good amount of skinny pedal and a good run up to clear most places. We've winched and thrown out straps if we get really stuck. Three rigs are usually able to keep everyone moving, if one truck breaks a driveline piece it takes more than one to get it out of the snow.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I've chained up before when I was on 33" all terrains. Chains are great for ice and low snow but dig too deep on the deeper stuff we are likely to experience. I have found that blasts until forward progress is lost then backing up and doing it again works the best for me. Several years ago a buddy and I were able to break this particular trail using this method. I was the trail breaker as his 66hp samurai was not much good. I was still carb'ed then.

Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next