[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Round Robin Tech Day 1.19.13
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Round Robin Tech Day 1.19.13 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Round Robin Tech Day 1.19.13
Many thanks to all who came! This was a good time, and thanks again to everyone who got me more learned about carb tuning.

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Round Robin Tech Day 1.19.13
:worthless:

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad you guys had a good time, sorry I couldn't make it, I had plenty of bronco projects here at home, between mine, Todd's I'm restoring, and John's (giantacarrider) that I had to pressure test and find some coolant leaks, hope you guys were very productive

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hockeydad took a bunch of pics, I'm sure he'll post them up soon. We had a great day and I did a much needed upgrade to hydro-boost brakes, all I can say is "why did I wait so long?" It's like having a new truck and stops so easily, especially with my camper on, can't wait to run Red Cone, this time with power brakes. Lobobronco helped a ton with the upgrade, he even did the really crappy job of putting in the hard to get-to bolts, I didn't even spill diesel fuel on him, lol. He took by Bronco around the block today and I believe this upgrade is in his future.

Justin tuned up his fuel and ignition system, swapped jets/needles and I believe he likes the results. Santa's Little Helper put his main tank back in, something about a hole in the other one, crazy kids. And My Little Pony thought about swapping springs, messed around with an impact gun for a bit, had his U-bolts fight back, and decided it was a job to finish later.

akafrankcastle was kind enough to come up north for this one, he brought up calendars and t-shirts for the Denver based folks, so let me know if you need either.

Badlands was there to give advice, lend a hand, and give folks a motivational talk or a little crap, depending on the situation.

Huge thanks to Hockeydad and his employer for offering up the shop space. Hope i didn't forget anyone, all in all it was a great day.

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:14 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Kinder pretty much nailed the whole day down. A bit smaller turn out than I expected and quite a bit smaller than past open tech days, but still a very good time and a very nice way to get together with folks who have done your project a time or two before.

I really wanted to spend more time helping Kirk and Justin but unfortunately my time was spent visiting with guys, chasing tools and parts and helping Drew not do his spring swap....

Pictures as promised:

Puffy working on installing the new 23gal tank on Santa's Sleigh
Drew attempting to install new rear springs - between the U-bolts giving him fits and the distracting fair admirer observing his efforts.... well lets just say all he got done was re-torquing the lug nuts on his tires
Hydroboost - "What is that part?". "Iduno... It looks kinda small, probably not important anyway".
You will need all these parts, and some Type F... Maybe.
And you need one of these with just this much room
Some extra "expert" help
Justin actually read the instructions prior to tuning his carb - what the heck?
This is what his engine and carb look like. I am not sure if this is pre tune or post tune. Early reports are that he is mostly happy but may want to make one more slight change to the metering rods (see guys, if you all had come out, you would know what we are talking about).

Overall, a very good day that ended pretty darn early by open shop tech day standards. I was home by 4:30 - guys this can not happen again. Future tech days will have to include the option for diner and a beer if things end early. We do not want my wife thinking that projects can be done this quickly.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I always learn something hanging out with these Bronco guys. Learning from the best!

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:23 pm
Profile YIM
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Definitely good times!

Hockeydad could not be a better host. Many thanks!

Kirk...thanks for the great education!

With that being said...dinner and beers...I'm in :)!

Great way to spend a Saturday!

Matt

Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

As everyone can see by the pics, the depth of my knowledge is limited only by the cell signal available where I am standing at that moment.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Glad I'm not the only one that's true for. Finally got a chance to upload a few pics. Thanks again to everyone that came. I learned a ton, and while I've got a little tweaking left to do, you guys definitely passed on the knowledge I needed to finish it up on my own.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sounds like a success, well mostly. What a cool way to spend a Saturday!

In Drew's defense, I think we've all been there... But I have to ask. Why is everyone dressed for working in 30* temps and she's only wearing a T-shirt?
boxing

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]