[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Snow scouting run
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Snow scouting run 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Snow scouting run
Well, we found plenty! Unfortunately cwin's trip was cut very short by his broken axle. We will have to catch up on another run(after your "little" upgrades of course). My uncle and I continued on after making sure he was going to be good to get home. I got a little squirrely and ended up driving right off the side off the trail. The pictures don't do it much justice, I was down there pretty deep! Didn't take much to get out surprisingly though. We got to a point that the crazy mountain man that "maintains" the trail told us no one had made it any further over his 5 foot snow bank he built but we were welcome to try. I made it over his mound and continued on a ways until I got buried to the doors. Turned around at that point without trying to get my uncle any further too. We, then, went up behind central city and played around Yankee hill for a while then called it a day and came back with no failures or problems. Overall we had a great day! Pics: Image

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:24 pm

Post Re: Snow scouting run
looks fun. now when we goin?

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Looks like a good time, always fun when someone thinks you can't make it and you prove them wrong :)

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for sharing! So what happened to the axle?

Looks like the weather was nice! And you get the ironman award for driving that thing sans any type of cover!

Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:40 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Broke the outer on the driver side, doesn't look like too much damage other than that. I think it happened when I went slightly off course, got into deep snow, applied skinny throttle, tires started spinning at great speed then snap.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:09 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great pics - looks like you were lucky you got your Bronco stopped when you went off the trail - could have been a lot worse (trees, rocks, and that HUGE drop off). Cannot believe your Bronco actually gets stuck! Looks fun except the fact you don't have a narrowed hard top.

Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]