[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Nov Breakfast/Lyons volunteer project-11/16/13 UPDATED AGAIN
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 4:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Nov Breakfast/Lyons volunteer project-11/16/13 UPDATED AGAIN 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Nov Breakfast/Lyons volunteer project-11/16/13 UPDATED AGAIN
Even if you live under a rock, you know that the town of Lyons suffered very heavy damage in the flooding. There has been some interest in a club volunteer day to help out for the November breakfast.

Where: Meet at 4th and High Streets in Lyons. A group of Bronco nuts is meeting at Gregg's house in Longmont at 7:45. If you'd like to join them, PM Gregg for his address.
When: 11/16/13 @ 900 in Lyons to start working, or at Gregg's house in Longmont @ 745. I will update again when I know the meeting point in Lyons.
How: In whatever vehicle you can bring. There may be a work site that requires a lifted 4x4, but it's unlikely. Pickups may be particularly useful.
Why: Because Lyons got hammered by the storm, and could use some help.

From the Town of Lyons volunteer email:
"***Please note that at this time we are unable to have under 18 volunteers work with Lyons Volunteers. The work we do is intense and unsafe for kiddo's. We feel that it is wonderful and important that our children want to volunteer their time and energy to help our community, and we will do our very best to share information when we become aware of ways they can get involved.***
Please pack a lunch for the day as the Salvation Army food truck is no longer with us
Please wear warm clothes for cold weather. We recommend layering so you can adjust with the work
Bring sturdy work shoes or boots to protect your feet
To join tomorrow or Saturday, simply meet us at the designated time and location.
We will train and equip you with tools, etc."

Please pre-register at http://www.lyonsvolunteers.org-MAKE A NOTE ON THE REGISTRATION THAT YOU ARE WITH JUSTIN AND THE BRONCO CLUB
Volunteers under the age of 18 will have alternative jobs (liability). We will get an assignment that morning ( we'll all be on the same team). For now, plan on bringing a lunch-we may bring a grill up, but that's not for sure yet. Wear clothing that can get pretty dirty and boots. They supply masks, gloves (bring yours as well) goggles, basic tools, water, wheel barrows...LABEL YOUR TOOLS!

Please also RSVP as soon as you know you're available so that I can give them a rough idea of how many people and rigs will be available. They have a many tons of heavy equipment up there, so rigs may not be of benefit, but I'd like to offer whatever we can. Thank you!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Nov Breakfast and Lyons volunteer project-11/16/13
There is a place on the south side of Longmont on Main St. called the "Deliciouso". It's right next to the Big O Tire store. They have great breakfast burrito's and a good size parking lot. Might be a great place to meet up.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think this a great idea. Keep me in the loop because I have Sheriff connections there and I know one of the "big" coordinators for the Lyons volunteers. I was there for the halloween parade and Oskar Blues was open and running. That would be a good lunch stop.

I'd also consider the Egg and I for breakfast. They have a small room for big parties and good parking.

AWESOME. I'm excited to try out my tow hooks (to get Rox out of the Egg and I)!

Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm going to try hard to make this as well. I have some other things going on that weekend but can see if they are flexible. I'll keep checking back.
Brett

Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will be there for sure.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I love this idea, and I am going to try to juggle my weekend plans to make it. And I will be dragging along at least one strong teenage son (who could use the volunteer hrs for graduation anyway)

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The Inderbitzen boys will be there for sure.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Let's do it!

Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I won't be able to make this as I am scheduled to work that saturday

75' bronco, 302, carb'd for now, i'm gathering parts for efi, 3g alternator, saginaw pump, 4x4x2 box, fw hp44, fw 9", N.P. 435 w/ gearbanger shifter, twin stick'd dana 20, 2" BL, 5.5" wildhorses lift, and 35" km2's

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

My wife is volunteering in Lyons today. She'll be mentioning us coming next Saturday and get an idea of what kind of work we might be doing. I'll post up some information when she and I talk tonight. Depending on which route you're all taking from Southern Colorado, we could meet in Longmont or right in Lyons (hwy 36 and 66). OR my house could be a meeting point for the people going through Boulder and coming from I 25. I'd have hot coffee and breakfast burritos...Whatever you guys want.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm just off Alameda and C-470. How about a north-ish meeting spot as well? Greg, thank you for the offer, we may well take you up on it.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I need to show up late. I am out of town all week and I won't fly back in until late Friday night. I don't have time too prep the bronco prior to the breakfast. I'll catch up to you all a little later in the morning.

Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Justin and I have been talking and due to my location and connections I've been able to get some inside information. My wife went to volunteer on Saturday with a team of 15 (other Lyons HS teachers) and gave us some more information. Here it is:

You'll need to pre-register at http://www.lyonsvolunteers.org
MAKE A NOTE ON THE REGISTRATION THAT YOU ARE WITH JUSTIN AND THE BRONCO CLUB
Volunteers under the age of 18 will have alternative jobs (liability)
Arrive at the site at 9 (work until 3)
We will get an assignment that morning ( we'll all be on the same team)
Bring a lunch ( the Salvation Army was supplying but they moved out)
Wear clothing that can get pretty dirty and boots
They supply masks, gloves (bring yours as well) goggles, basic tools, water, wheel barrows...
My wife's team had to go back into Longmont to get tools that would "cut" branches and wire. Battery operated tools would be more accessible than corded tools.
LABEL YOUR TOOLS.
A truck / trailer would be helpful to get tools and coolers to the job site (my wife's team could walk to their site)

My guess is we would be doing the same kind of work- digging out yards, fences, houses. We could get a job up in Big Elk Meadow because access has been difficult (rumor has it that another lifted 4x4 tried and busted an axle) but its unlikely. We won't know until that morning.

I'm looking into possibly bringing a grill for lunch. I'll keep you posted.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Gregg on Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Shawn for the info.

I will be wearing a CCB shirt for team picture.

I will be all jacked up on Mountain Dew and Aleve and bring more for those that forget.

icon biggin

Last edited by Rox Crusher on Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:50 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Nov Breakfast and Lyons volunteer project-11/16/13
I'll bring the bronco trailer with me, we can load tools, food & gear in it. I can also bring a generator that could be used for anything including charging up battery operated tools. It'll follow BSD anywhere, so no problem getting into a rough area.

If the grill is small it can go in the trailer as well. If we need it I can bring the small grill I converted to propane that we had at the MFR.

I'll likely leave my youngest at home due to liability & I'll talk with Willem to ensure he is okay working in a different area.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I unfortunately can't commit to volunteering that day as I have stuff going on late morning into the afternoon.

Is this still a breakfast, or has it turned more into a volunteer/lunch event? I would probably be able to make it up for a breakfast beforehand.

Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Shawn said he'd host a "gathering" breakfast at his place, but the hangout all morning style of breakfast isn't happening this month.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Step 1. Filled out the online request, put "Justin and the Bronco Club" in the notes section.

Step 2. Followed the link and registered to volunteer on the 16th.

Step 3. Printed out form to bring.

Step 4. Sipped coffee, done.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:49 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wish I could be there. Leaving town today on company time.....

Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Guys, it's looking like I'm not going to make this. Our child care fell through and the wife already has something going on. I'm really bummed, as I've been looking forward to this.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Nov Breakfast and Lyons volunteer project-11/16/13 UPDATED!
Willem is going to go, he knows he can't hang with his fave bronco dudes, but wants to help no matter what.

Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Nov Breakfast and Lyons volunteer project-11/16/13 UPDAT

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:07 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I signed up but didn't see any note section...

Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:36 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

oh crap... ooh well iam listed at least.. also my wife will be joining in as well

Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Drew and I are in (Drew can be the one making up for my slack)

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:31 am
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next