[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - CCB's Lyons Flood Recovery
It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 7:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 CCB's Lyons Flood Recovery 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post CCB's Lyons Flood Recovery
I wanted to start this thread but I'll have to edit later to add some more pics. However, when I got home my wife had already heard of our club coming through (w/o relation to me).

We met at my house for a quick breakfast and of course had time to look at each others Broncos. After I fixed Jeff's rig we were on our way to Lyons. We turned a lot of heads coming into the check-in area but it had nothing to do with going the wrong way on a one way.

We got our assignment up in Pinewood Springs (10 miles up hwy 36). Our task was to start clearing a dirt road to a house that had some pretty good flood damage. The work included a lot of chainsaws and people chucking debris. The house needed some insulation removed from the crawl space. It was pretty foul down there....even without Jeff's crack. While some were cleaning out the crawl space, others were ripping out the carpet inside the house. We finished up at this house by shoveling out the front walkway. It was very laborous, especially for the wheelbarrow pushers.

We grilled for lunch. It was a much needed break. Had we had chairs to sit, I don't think we could have gotten back up. We had a special treat of Venison ala Phil to wrap up the lunch and it was back to work .

Our second site was not as tough. It was emptying a basement and removing some moldy drywall. The job went pretty quick with so many people to help but none the less the job was done and she was very appreciative of the work.

We finished the day at Oscar Blues with the one and only round on Jeff. Although we felt whipped, it felt even better knowing the work that had been done. As stated before, the people in this club are amazing. Given any chance to help, there's always someone here who will.

Thanks to all who showed and for the great idea to volunteer.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Gregg on Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: CCB's Lyons Flood Recovery
Awesome! This was such a great day, Being with other bronco owners, meeting at Shawn's for an awesome breakfast to start the day and hard work by all. We accomplished a ton today with this crew and you can see the gratitude in the peoples eyes. The devastation and impact to the area is not something you can describe.
I'll try to get a few pics posted as well in the next couple of days.

Great feeling of accomplishment came out of today's work!!!!

Brett

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wish I could have been a part of this but I want to say that I'm proud of everyone that helped. I am always in awe of the generosity of people in this group. Thanks for representing Broncos in such a positive manner.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice work everyone.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have more pics, but had to share this one right away.

Our host, Shawn Gregg, can't pass up one opportunity to play angry birds.

Brett

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:01 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Great day, a ton of work was done, had an amazing time and a lot of fun. I miss the small shovel already.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Gregg on Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It was a great sense of accomplishment to help the Lyons community who have so much more to achieve.

The devastation from the flood is hard to fathom even though it is right there in front of your eyes.

I am thankful for having friends who are willing to help others and am so proud to be associated with this group.

Thank you Shawn for hosting and the extra coordinating that you and your wife did making this a great event.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:01 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It makes me proud to be part of this group of folks! Thanks for stepping out there and making a difference in our state! Keep up the good work fellas!

J.D.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:17 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

PS..........I lost track of my shovel. It has a red steel handle with green painter tape around it.

If it ended up in your rig please let me know.

Thanks !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I don't know where that one went but I'm pretty sure Kirk took the short shovel

Brett

Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Some pictures on the way in and of the hole the tunnel rats dug to access the crawl space at the first house

Also Shawn failed to mention how the young men who came along made short work of removing carpet, pad and drywall in another house while we were clearing the road and doing the same demo work in this one

Have to give credit where it is due after all. So all in all, we worked on three properties and as others have said, left with a great sense of goodwill

Good job guys!!!

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

few more pics

Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:27 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post CCB's Lyons Flood Recovery

Sent from my iPad using

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sweet! Thanks to all of you. My boss lives up there, and expressed how much she appreciates all of the help volunteers have given. Anyone interested in a repeat, maybe the weekend after this one?

Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:40 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Shawn had mentioned that they'd like to have us back after they scout some additional areas where 4x4's could be helpful. But, even if they don't need 4x4's I'm sure we'd all like to go back and help.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would be down to help out if you all decide to go back. I'm sure they need all the help they need. It only gets worse the longer it sits.

I went into Louisiana a week after Katrina to help a friend so I can imagine what is going on there.

Side note never open a fridge after a week of being under water just throw it out.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Though my weekends are going to be pretty booked up, I'd sure like to help out again, they sure need could use it.

Brett

Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:21 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post up when you plan to go - if I am free - I will be there. Drew has said the same.

If you are the smartest person in the room -
You are in the wrong room

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool. Let me see what I can get put together and I'll post up in the staging area.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Me, my two pals from the hood, and maybe more would be interested.

Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]