[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Lyons Christmas Parade
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Lyons Christmas Parade 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Lyons Christmas Parade
I just got the following email from the volunteer coordinator for the Town of Lyons-Anyone interested?:

Justin, we have a great plan for Saturday. The Town of Lyons will be having its annual Christmas parade at 6:30 PM, there will be a BBQ at Ferg's Inn on Main St. from noon till "late", other restaurants are open, and we have fireworks after the parade. It's an energetic event with enthusiastic crowds all along Main Street - they should be even more excited this year because this is our "welcome home" event. We will be distributing toys to kids that afternoon over at the High School, and we are staging a reception for displaced residents at the same time in the High School. You and your crew can be in the parade along with our huge front loader with kids and gifts in the bucket, a decorated float with music, and all of our volunteers wearing head lamps and/or carrying flashlights marching behind the float. Should be a great time. If you can come up early and help decorate the town, set up the toy distribution, or whatever jobs we have lined up, we can put you to work in the afternoon, then you can be in the parade in the evening. If you really get psyched, you can decorate your rigs for the parade, too! We hope you can make it to enjoy the volunteering as well as the Town's thanks during the parade.

Here's a "flyer" we will be sending out to all volunteers:

Subject: Walk with Us for Lyons!
Email strings: Lyons Volunteers, LifeBridge, all other groups,
Message Content:
Hello Lyons Volunteers!
We have an event coming up that is pretty special to Lyons.
On December 7th, the annual Parade of Lights is happening here in our streets. There is a heartfelt connection for the town to come together for this; it gives a sense of normalcy and community.

The Lyons Volunteers Team wants to invite as many Lyons supporters as possible to come and walk with us to show our community that we are not alone. We have had such amazing support on the work front. This is an opportunity to support Lyons on the emotional front as well.

The vision: Hundreds of Lyons supporters walk behind the parade with their Lyons Volunteers T-shirts on, lit up by a headlamp, carrying rebuilding tools (it is a parade of LIGHTS, afterall)... We may have some heavy equipment drive down the street with us too!

Schedule for Saturday, December 7th:
9am-3:30pm Come for our Volunteer Deployment workday!
3:30pm-5:45pm Then go get some amazing dinner here in Lyons- many restaurants have opened and can really use the support... Plus the food in town is amazing.
5:45pm Meet at 5pm at Rogers Hall (4th and High) to line up
6:30pm Parade of Lights, Live Music & Entertainment
7:15pm Sandstone Park (4th & Broadway) Featuring Lyons High School Choir, Santa & Mrs. Clause
7:40pm Fireworks Display (West of Main St)
8:05pm Parade Awards Ceremony (Sandstone Park)

Details:
Please wear your Lyons Volunteers T-Shirt if you have one. If you do not, please wear WHITE or GREEN
Bring a headlamp or carry a flashlight
Please bring a rebuilding tool to carry (e.g. hammer)... NOT a demolition tool. We want to bring a sense of rebuild to move forward into the future in a hopeful light
Wear warm clothing! On your feet too! Hats & gloves...
Tell your friends! EVERYONE is welcome, regardless of whether they've volunteered yet in Lyons! This is a great way for kids to support us too!

We want to get a sense of numbers, so please RSVP (I will create a link) here by Tuesday Dec. 3rd 5:00pm.

We really hope to have an enormous turn-out and show our neighbors we are behind them until everyone is home. And this will be FUN!

all of our appreciation to you
your Lyons Volunteers coordination team

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Lyons Christmas Parade
I've been to this parade for the last 9 years and it's very well received by the community. My wifes band will be Marching as well as the usual fire trucks, lit up cars/floats, great firework display, Christmas spirit... The only thing that could make this better would be a few EBs. I'd be game to drive. I don't think I'd be a walker though. Plus---It's friggin cold!

If we have the interest, I'd be happy to host the meet up. I know a few of you are doing the T4T earlier so it might be a long day.

It could make for a good December Calendar Pic???

Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I might be up for this, not sure yet. Plans in the household are evolving...

Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

In case there is any interest....

My wife said we should make sure we could get our Broncos in. So, I just talked to the parade coordinator and she said we could walk with the volunteers or bring our "Toys". We need to fill out the registration form and bring it with us to Valley Bank there in Lyons. We could probably just "show up" with the forms but I think a Bronco count would be much appreciated. I can email the registration form to you if you send me a PM.

Again, if there is interest.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure how my plans will sort out for tomorrow.

But, send me a form just in case.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We would love to go, but our day is packed.

Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey. I think this was another cool idea but maybe we could plant this seed for next year. I figure we could volunteer there a few more times in the next year and then have a good showing in the parade. However, it may always conflict with the Toys for Tots run.

I hope the T4T went well. Sorry I missed it.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:10 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Agreed. Kirk and I are going volunteer in Lyons next saturday. I'll post it up in the other thread.

Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]