[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Silverton/Ouray?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Silverton/Ouray? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Silverton/Ouray?
I've been a proponent of doing another trip to the Silverton & Ouray area ever since we did one in 2011. It was my first chance to meet up with club members, and I think everyone had a great time. It's a big trip for most of you on the front range, and probably deserves 2-3 days of trails to justify the long drive.

I've mentioned this to a few members, in passing, and usually get positive reactions. Lets see if we can put a plan together to do this again this summer.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Silverton/Ouray?
I am hoping to take the family down there end of July or beginning of August. I won't be able to take the Bronco but would love to meet up. I'm wanting to do the Alpine loop while we are there. We'll be in a stock 4runner.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'll do the Alpine Loop with you when you come down. Stay in touch. Should be fine in a stock truck.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would be in for late July.

Canon City, Co

Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:50 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would be a maybe depending on the dates.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:29 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would be in depending on dates, trails, etc.

Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Late July would be good for me and my kids before school starts

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:04 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Late July early August looks good, except the last wknd of July, that's already booked.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I would be interested as well...I've never wheeled down there and always wanted to.

Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:15 am

I already have a trip planned down there. Leave Denver Saturday 7-22 and am camping a few days somewhere with some buddies. Monday 7-24 leave camp and head to Ouray. Plan is to head for home Saturday 7-29. This is my plan and as long as nothing fails me I will make it happen. It's the only week I have off of school until I graduate in may of 2018. No real plans of where im camping or all the trails Im gonna run. I know one day will be black bear/Imogene.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can we please arrange a Silverton/Ouray trip this year? I may be moving to Durango in the next year or two!

Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I still have intentions of being in Ouray are that last week of the month.

Canon City, Co

Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:25 pm

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

hmmmmmmmmmmm....getting interested. I spent some time in Ridgeway State Park (decent car camping). My kids loved the hot springs there too.

Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Current goal is the first full week of August (7th-11th). It's the only week of the summer we don't currently have plans for and the kids go back to school on the 15th or 16th.

Looks like there might be a few options for folks to be able to do this.

Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:38 pm

Final plans for me is heading down Sunday the 24th. Come home that Friday. Will be camped up along the road that leads from ouray to camp bird.

Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:22 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will be in Ouray area for the week of 22 to the 29th. My son and his family with his Bronco along with me and the wife in mine. We look like we will be wheeling on the 23 and some other day together possibly 24 or 25. Stay in touch if you like. PM to me if you like.
Dave

Canon City, Co

Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:02 am

really hoping they get black bear and Poughkeepsie open. those are the only 2 still closed.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

No kidding two of my favorites. It's to be raining that should make water and help some.

Canon City, Co

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Would like to but got way too many things to do on the Bronco before winter rolls in.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:34 pm

Black bear is open!!!

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:26 am

Im a little upset. Our trip was cut short tuesday. Had to head for home wednesday morning. Brian lost first gear somewhere on imogene tuesday afternoon. With not having first and not wanting the risk of toasting the transmission we decided to call it and head for home early.

Had a great time wheeling black bear with Dave and his Family.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:43 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Where da pics?

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 am

Here are a couple teaser pics. Not a lot of action shots.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:52 pm

couple more

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sorry your adventure got cut short

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We're planning to head down on Sunday through Thursday (8/6-8/10). We're going to stay on the Lake City side since we haven't been there yet. We're going to do the Alpine Loop one of the days. If anyone is in the area and wants to run it with us, let me know and we can coordinate. We are going to be tent camping at one of the public campgrounds along 30 most likely.

Adam

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pics from our trip:

https://goo.gl/photos/ke5bGTbyP7fL7PwHA

We ended up doing Yankee Boy Basin, Engineer Pass, Cinnamon Pass and Mineral Creek.

There are pics of more than just the 4 wheeling in there but trying to cherry pick out some pics was tough. None the less, here's just a few that were pretty good:

My wife's phone background:Image

Animas Forks: Image

Probably shouldn't have done Mineral Creek on the way down. That just was long, bumpy and one really hard spot that we ended up leaving a "memory mark" (as my wife says) on the running board. It would have taken less time to drive out from Animas Forks to Silverton and back to our campground and we would not have been nearly as worn out. Still, a good day and reminds us why we want to go back each year.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Agreed. Im already planning for next year.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next