[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Wheelin' over the 4th anyone ?
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Wheelin' over the 4th anyone ? 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Wheelin' over the 4th anyone ?
A couple of us were talking about camping and wheelin' sometime over the 4th of July week end.

I may not be able to camp but would definitely like to go wheelin' at least one day.

We were talking about going somewhere in Peaceful Valley / Camp Dick area or maybe doing Coney Flats so we can do that water crossing.

I am thinking Sunday would be a great day for wheelin'.

Post up if you would like to go and what day / area, etc.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Wheelin' over the 4th anyone ?
My dad will be in town but we both might like to go!

Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:03 am

If MSV/Coney flats is open Im down to go.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I could be interested. Was considering pulling the pop up somewhere that weekend to camp and if there was some moderate to easy wheeling around- I'm in. Is there any camping in those areas that won't be impossible to get a spot that holiday weekend and that I could get the pop up in? Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

https://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsin ... 0Trailhead

Currently appears to be closed but I would guess it will be open for the 4th

Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:09 am

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:26 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

[/quote]

Plenty of places to put that little beauty, assuming your willing to go up early (Thursday afternoon / evening would be best).[/quote]

I wouldn't be able to head up until mid afternoon Friday at the earliest-- I know it is a holiday weekend so I am hesitant to go camping at all in fear of not finding a place by the time I can get up there. If someone else were to go up Thursday and save me a spot for Friday, I would be easily tempted to head up.

Otherwise, I might be stuck just 4 wheeling for a day... so, what is the plan?

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think Sunday is the day for wheelin'

I am going to try to get a hall pass so I can go up Saturday afternoon and camp.

Specific trail and camp location yet to be determined, depends on whether they get Coney Flats open this week end.

If there are any other suggestions / preferences I think it is still open for discussion

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:44 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm in for Saturday camping and Sunday wheeling. Lots of camping choices in the area but really limited if you're talking campers for that weekend. Camping or not, we should just have a early meet time at the trailhead.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

It looks like I'm out. I have an offer for a new position for my company in Vietnam I am expecting any moment and I need to purge my storage units ASAP. I'll be doing this for the next two weekends.

Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:14 pm

As of today MSV/coney flats are open. Still some snow on coney but it's passable.

Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:55 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:15 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am in - just need to know a time and place to meet!

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will probably skip the camping now. I just don't want to pull the trailer up there and then get stuck without a place to set-up (not knowing the area and it being a busy holiday weekend sounds like a recipe for failure). I should be game for wheeling though-- need to know where and when.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

For those that just want to go wheelin' let's meet up at the Middle Saint Vrain trail head at 9:00 am on Sunday.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fsin ... 0Trailhead

Please keep this thread updated with your plans so we know if you are coming or not.

Rox Crusher
Landshark
Viperwolf
Zoso
Eck
Gregg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who are interested in camping, we are planning to go up Saturday mid-afternoon which will give us time to search for a spot if it is totally crowded, or if we get lucky and it isn't crowded we will have time to go fishing or make some noise with our percussion instruments. We can meet at Camp Dick at around 2 pm (we can firm the time up as we get closer).

Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:05 pm

My buddy will be along in his heep for a shakedown run.

Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wish I could but have to work. Bummer 4me

Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Does anyone have a GPS location for the trailhead? Trying to figure out exactly how to get there from Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:53 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:20 am

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I may have a waypoint from way back, I'll check my gps this afternoon.

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:46 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

trail head is at Camp Dick correct?

https://goo.gl/maps/5T7HM5ceyTT2

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:43 am

Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:02 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

So I am for sure in on Sunday for wheeling. Does anyone want to meet up at this Starbucks on Sunday morning at like 7:50am? (3033 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, CO 80303). It says it is a 55 minute drive to Camp Dick from that spot. There is also a Jamba Juice next to it for anyone wanting a little breakfast smoothie.

Also curious-- how long is the anticipated time on the trail?

Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:18 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next