[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Summer Bronco Weekend
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ] 
 Summer Bronco Weekend 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Summer Bronco Weekend
Plans are still in the works, but wanted to get a save-the-date out there:

Where: Salida-ish
When: August 2-5, 2018
Why: Because a camping and wheeling weekend is long overdue
How: In your Bronco of course!

We're shooting to do some wheeling from a central base camp, with options that will suit all skill and build levels. There will definitely be camping sites available, with more to come on options for trailers and nearby lodging as things firm up. More to come!

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Summer Bronco Weekend
I'm interested. I will put it down on the calendar.
I would end up setting up a tent sight and would tow the bronco out. Thanks for putting it together.

Update. I am not able to make it i this trip.

Last edited by cravenbronco on Fri May 25, 2018 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That sound great. I'm with Matt most likely tow the Bronco & set up a tent.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:37 am
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Got it on my calendar !

Gotta find my tent

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

On my calendar. Will most likely bring the popup behind the Bronco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Barring any s!*tastrophy's we will do the same ^^

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am all in!

Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:21 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ditto, also pulling the pup.

Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:47 am

Im in. Either tent it or if dad goes with I'll make him tow the camper down.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

IN!

Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Summer Bronco Weekend
Brining this to the top for attention and to let everyone know I will be reserving the “camp” area this weekend as i am headed that way tonight.

I will take pics and have details Monday.

Fri May 25, 2018 12:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That sounds great thanks for the scout work.

Fri May 25, 2018 12:41 pm
Profile WWW

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri May 25, 2018 3:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I unfortunately had a family emergency pop up and was unable to go to Buena Vista this weekend however I had a friend of mind drop by the place where we can camp and snap a few photos. I will be calling the owners tomorrow to see if we can reserve the entire grounds for the dates we need.

The camp area easily accommodates 12 - 15 tents plus campers etc. I think we can park at least that many broncos as well. There is room for trailers either at that camp area or across the dirt road at the white water rafting parking lot which is not open during Aug so there will be plenty of space.

Here is a link to google maps - its bigger than it looks. Allot of the tent sites are along the river. It can accommodate larger campers as well, port-a-pottys are available - i will make sure they are cleaned and there for this trip.

I think they now have a bar or something there as well, not sure if it will be open but i will ask.

https://goo.gl/maps/mD2ei9XZofA2

here are a few photos. I will be up there again in two weeks and do a better job of taking photos.

IMG_0315.jpeg

IMG_0312.jpeg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 28, 2018 9:23 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

A bar?! :beer: :drink: thumbs up

Tue May 29, 2018 12:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If my work schedule doesn't change I'm in. I will bring the Cardinal trailer.

Tue May 29, 2018 2:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I'm not sure what you are looking for specifically in a camp area, but Cottonwood Lake CG is a good place as well. Closer to BV from there and several other trails right there to explore. Also closer to Holy Cross. Anyway, I believe you can reserve spots online, or there are areas of dispersed camping above the lake.

You'd likely have to share the area with others tho, and maybe that is why you were hoping to get the one on the river. It's also not as easy access to the highway.

Someone enjoy a burger at McDonalds in Salida for me! That is where my wife and I met (long story).

Wed May 30, 2018 7:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 30, 2018 7:59 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

spit :laughing2:

Wed May 30, 2018 2:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok reserved 2.5 acres for us which includes a bunch of camp sites on the river and plenty of space for campers and parking for trailer rigs. If we have more people than camp sites we can expand to the next area. This is all private property owned a river rafting company I know, the bar and food stand will be open. There are also horse shoe pits, a kids area and other stuff.

Also ran 4 mild trails the last couple of days to get familiar with stuff I have never been on. Some fantastic options for all levels, will try to run a few more in a couple of weeks.

A few photos of the camp area

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

IMG_4817.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:57 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

IMG_4821.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4833.jpg

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:25 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

IMG_4842.jpg

Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:26 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I should be able to make this. I'd be happy to be a trail leader on one of the more difficult trails!

Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Did a little scouting yesterday and ran Hancock pass to Cumberland pass and then to Tin Cup pass. There were some rocky parts but I think a stock Bronco could run all 3 of these passes and it was a beautiful day. We were also able to see the campsite that was reserved for this trip and it’s great. Right on the river so add fishing to the list of things to be able to do. More details to come on scheduling and details but get this trip in August on your schedule. It’s gonna be fun!

ImageImageImageImage

Had to bypass a section of 285 due to the fire but wasn’t too bad. This was not visible once we got to Buena Vista.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:12 am

Cool Photos looks like a great day to be out wheeling.
Thanks for sharing

Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:52 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Gunnibronco and I ran that a few years ago with a certain un-named former member. It was a great run also seeing the Alpine Tunnel. What a great trip!!!

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Last edited by Rox Crusher on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]