[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - August 2-5 CCB Buena Vista Bronco Blitz
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 August 2-5 CCB Buena Vista Bronco Blitz 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post August 2-5 CCB Buena Vista Bronco Blitz
So we threw a teaser out with a few details to get people thinking and scheduling for this trip. We are now 1 month out and it is time to start getting some details out and some firm commitments so that we can organize the schedule of trails we are going to run based on what people are capable of and want to do.

Landshark has secured a basecamp for us. You can see it on Google Maps here: https://goo.gl/maps/mD2ei9XZofA2. It is between Salida and Buena Vista (closer to Salida). This gives us great access to grocery stores, gas stations, restaurants, part supplies (NAPA and O'Reilly's), and shopping. There are spots for tents, campers, and trailers but it would be great to have an idea of who is coming with what so that we can be sure to leave space for those coming with campers and trailers. There are port-a-pottys on site, a bar, and small restaurant for those that want to depend on that. There is a small playground area for the little kids and the spot is right on the Arkansas river which is great for dogs, kids, and fisherman!

Schedule:

Thursday 8/2: Some will be heading in that morning to get set-up and be on site for anyone planning to also arrive Thursday. Depending on the numbers, an afternoon trail may be scheduled.
Friday 8/3: Trail runs. Again, depending on numbers and Broncos, we will offer enough options for all difficulty levels. There are trails for stock Broncos up to crawlers and once we know who is coming and what you are looking to run, we can provide those details. For anyone that is unable to get Friday off and wants to head up that evening, we should be back to camp by dinner time.
Saturday 8/4: Trail runs. Same as Friday but we will be sure to get off to an early enough start to be back at camp no later than 5pm so that we can have a big group BBQ. The group BBQ will be BYO food and drinks but we should have at least a couple of community grills for use.
Sunday 8/5: On your own. You can run more trails, head back home, go into town for breakfast or lunch, etc.

** Of course, feel free to come for part or all of the schedule. If you want to just come up and run a trail with us for the day, that is fine. If you want to come camp and enjoy the CCB company but plan to go off on your own to Crested Butte or into town to shop, we want this to be a way for our group to provide an event that will be fun no matter what you want to do.

So-- it would be most helpful if we could get some commitments by July 28th so we can have time to organize the schedule! Please provide the following details with your response:

1. Name (s)
2. Days that you will be in attendance
3. Description of Bronco (lifted, locked, stock, etc.) and types of trails you would like to go on (Rock Crawling, easier mountain pass, difficult but little risk of carnage, etc.)
4. Whether you will have a camper, tent, or trailer
5. Any other thoughts, ideas, or wants out of this trip

Lastly, this is a rehearsal with local CCB members that we are hoping will evolve to a more formal CCB supported annual event that will attract some national interest. We hope to have some campfire conversations this year that can support the growth and planning for next year and beyond. Hope to see a lot of you there!!

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: August 2-5 CCB Buena Vista Bronco Blitz
I plan to head up early Thursday morning to get my tent set up.

My goal with this trip is to provide the kids a good time before they go back to school the following week. I want to go wheeling every day but they may want to go to the hot springs / pool. With any luck we can do both.

I’m on 3-1/2” suspension and 33” tires with selectable lockers front and rear so my preference would be to do challenging trails that don’t require body damage. Chinamans or Holy Cross are on my wish list.

This venue is such a perfect choice as it has so much to offer no matter what you want to do so I hope lots of people can attend !

Hope to see you there !

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:47 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wife and I will be there. Late Friday or early Saturday. Beth doesn't know if she has Friday off and I start a new job so I know I don't have Friday off.
We will bring our Cardinal camper, about 15 ft long tongue to spare tire.
We will be the 1/2 cab. Stock

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:08 am

Im in. My turd on 35's My dad is in and will be towing his camper up. 22' hard side. I'll likely head up early Thursday morning or late afternoon Wednesday if we are allowed on property then. Im in for wheelin. No body damage aka carnage canyon but the rest in the area im good with.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Errrrrrr! You all have a great time. If this becomes an annual event I’ll schedule to be there next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’ll be there Thursday afternoon or morning, I will post up some trail options and links to description here on Thursday. Look forward to this, will be super fun!

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I wish I could make this event, but I'll be out of town that weekend. Sounds like it's going to be a blast. I'll plan on it next year!

Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:32 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I am putting it on my schedule! I would love to run Carnage but I don't know that many others would be up for it? I can invite some non-bronco friends to run it with me but it would be way better with other broncos!

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:13 am

2 weeks away.

So far the list is:

Mike/Eck
Chris/Landshark
Jeff/Rox
Bob
Jason/Crawler
Rob/ZOSO
Bob/Booger

If you plan on going speak up. Lets get a head count.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:12 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

. Plan on us Friday evening.

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:16 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

2 for us

Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:14 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I’m a likely, I just need to confirm the day off request was accepted at work. If yes then it’ll be 1-3 peps, I’ll confirm soon.

Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:33 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Just me but that just means I have a seat open

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:03 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I still have this penciled in my schedule. I am planning on running Carnage on the 4th. I have invited a couple buggies to run it with me. There may or may not be empty seats with them. My seat will likely be taken but the trail is not a difficult hike if others wanted to walk along and watch the action. I might be towing my bronco down with another project of mine if I can get it ready in time.

Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:24 pm

So dad and myself are going to head up to the cabin wednesday. Stay the night there and head to buena vista thursday morning if anyone else would like to join.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Iam taking half a day off on Thursday and will leave around noon. Should be there around 2:30 or so.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:52 pm

Hey Mike, Jeff,

What time are you guys planning on heading up?

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:12 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

wish I could do this trip in the middle of selling our house.

Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Due to the broken rocker stud and and untested motor we will not make it this weekend.
If any one is out money for the camp sight I will pay them back as we were one of the early to signup.

Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:37 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

We will come up Thursday after lunch and run trail on Friday. We have plans for Saturday and Sunday but would love to go with you guys on Friday. We will be pulling our bronco on a trailer and driving a f250 with a camper on it. Bronco has Detroit locker in the rear. Arb in the front 35 inch tires and an old man at the wheel! See you there

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:02 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I will post up directions and camp locations today for the camping spot. I checked in with the owners and we are good to go!

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here are the directions and camp locations -

This address will get you to the Independent Whitewater office which is across the street from the camp sites.

10830 Co Rd 165, Salida, CO 81201
(https://goo.gl/maps/QQuQhusxvTn)

Our reserved sites are on the Arkansas river across the street, basically the first left turn after you turn off of 285. (Yellow rectangle in image) The camp sites are along the river down the short road/driveway. (X’s in image) I reserved everything past the first set of parking spots, PAST the trailer on your right. There is a large parking area just past that RV trailer thats all ours. (Blue oval) The camp sites are between the parking area and the river, I think we have 6-7 available plus if you can use the parking area for RV’s, pop ups etc.

camping-sites.jpg

Please do not park in front of the boat launch in the turn about - you will see it. If you get lost or have any issues, just stop into Independent White water and let them know you are looking for the camp sites, the reservation is under my name (Greenwood) and they will help you out.

There are a few port-a-pottys on site, i think running water is available in the other camp area further down the river along with a bar and small food trailer. There are also horseshoe pits, frisbee golf and some other stuff around as well. I believe the fire ban is lifted for Chaffee County however we will double check with IW to make sure its ok to have a fire. There are several fire pits in the camping area. There are cactus in the area but most of the camps sites are grass or dirt and a few have tables, i would bring tables and maybe if someone has a pop up tent that might be nice as well.

If you have a long trailer we have access to trailer parking off the road across the street from the camping road. If you have a long trailer and need to get into the spot the entrance has a wooden fence that might need to be taken down - its easy, but please don’t run over the fence.

I will have a final tally for the camping fees once we have everyone there as it is by the person and they are only going to charge us for those who show. Any issues or problems give me a call, i should be there around noonish or so. look forward to seeing everyone, save me a spot!

Chris

(951) 907-3894

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

ok, Angie can't make it after all so looks like me, Madison, and Spencer

Also, Nascar Mike said he might be able to make it and will text me one way or another

Shall we decide what trail to do on Friday or wait until we have had too much bravery juice around the camp fire on Thursday night ?

Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:00 pm

How about what to do thursday? what trail can we run mid day when we all get there? we'll likely leave the cabin around 9 and should put us there 10-1030.

Looks like the group going is all locked and can play pretty hard.

Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Ok confirmed I will be leaving denver at 12:30 so that should put me at the camp site around 2:30.

You don’t have to wait for me if you want to go wheeling. I can post up some suggestions in the morning. For real this time

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:04 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not making it, work couldn’t accommodate the time, too many new folks and too much to do. Have a great time and post up pics!

Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next