[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - SOLD: Unrestored 1970 Bronco Sport Candyapple Red
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 SOLD: Unrestored 1970 Bronco Sport Candyapple Red 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post SOLD: Unrestored 1970 Bronco Sport Candyapple Red
SOLD

Please note before reading: The truck is currently in the Brighton area (my parent's house) but I live in Montrose. I've got tons of photos, as I was going to do a frame-off factory restoration, so I can supply additional pics if needed. If you're interested, I can definitely schedule a time to look at the truck. Swore I'd never sell it, but a baby is on the way and I'm lacking in time (and from what I am told will never have money again...ever...haha!).

1970 Bronco Sport, original Candyapple Red truck. Perfect candidate for a frame off factory restoration, which is a less than common opportunity these days. Still retains most of the original factory wax pencil markings. Came from the factory with the convenience package. It has the original 302. It will likely run with a new battery and fuel. Haven't tried, so take that with a grain of salt. The original jack is still there. The Sport hubcaps are still there and might be savable if someone wants to put some time into dent removal and polishing.

Hasn't been modified since new, aside from quarter mods, removed floor mat, patched front floor boards, Maaco paint job, redneck bumper, and I swapped in a big bearing rear end from a '76. The seats are currently removed and at my house in Montrose, as I was going to start repairing them in my free time.

Original glass, except windshield. Hardtop and window trim are in exceptional shape, except for above driver's door. The '70 and '71 were the only years that had the hardtop drip rail trim.

Build sheet may be there, but won't know til teardown.

I also have two brand new fenders (the good ones) and a fully welded floor. The nicest aftermarket body piece I've seen in 13 years of restoration. I purchased the fenders and floors after doing a resto for a customer and seeing how nice they were. I'll toss in an extra set of partially modified doors with a roadster style cutout in them. They'll need finished up and should be considered a free addition. As for the pre-welded floor, I only bought it because I was going to do a frame off resto. If someone wants to get driving quick, they can simply repair the front pans or leave the current aluminum pans in place. Included are some power steering components and, IF I recall, an extra driveshaft.

Drive with the patina, replace the rockers/lower quarters/front pans, or do a frame off for the near perfect as-factory restoration.

The truck will take some extremely minor work to get roadworthy: check wiring, bolt up seats and belts, get battery, finish bolting big bearing rear to frame (if I recall, it needs new U-bolts for the springs, as the rusty nuts stripped the threads), put the drive shaft back in, and check everything to make sure it's safe to go.

I think that's about it. 9,500

Thanks!

Nick Pfannenstiel
Former owner, Flatliner Rod Shop, Inc.
(303) 725-5439

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Flatliner Rod Shop on Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:19 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Unrestored 1970 Bronco Sport Candyapple Red
More pics:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]