[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Not mine. Thoughts on this Durango Bronco
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Not mine. Thoughts on this Durango Bronco 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Not mine. Thoughts on this Durango Bronco
http://westslope.craigslist.org/cto/4655906541.html

Any thoughts? Opinions? Thank you.

74. A few different shades of yellow, black, and rust. 80's 302 w/ edelbrock carb. 80's 4spd on the floor w/ dana 20 twin stick. dana 44 in front and full floating 31 spline ford 9" rear with a detroit locker. 4.56 gearing. 5 1/2" of lift w/ 35" general grabbers.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Not mine. Thoughts on this Durango Bronco
From the limited pics and description it seems like a good deal.

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:51 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Whataya wantin to do with it?

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Well equipped for the money.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:59 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

x2. Its really geared and lifted for 35s. If the body is in decent shape I'd buy it.

Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have been watching Broncos for over a year and this is one of the first ones that is realistically priced, not rusted out, tons of options, great color, etc. Seems like a no-brainer when you see the dog s*%t that people are trying to sell for more than this one. I would ask a member from the board to go check it out for ya JIC. If it is something you want, I would jump on it. Since you posted it on CB.com, it may get a little more exposure so I would move quickly. If you buy it, you gotta remove the truck nutz.

Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:20 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I went and looked at it. Nice guy. The body was decent. Rust under the two typical spots under the hood and a rocker that was rusty and banged up from a Moab slip that he can replace if I want. Needs a coat of paint. Full, functional doors. It has sports. Not sure on the condition of the pillars. No test drive though. He could not get it to start and run well enough to drive. Rigged something up to start it, it idled well. It has a 89' mustang crate motor? He thinks it is the fuel pump and is going to get back with me so I can drive it. It had springs and single shocks all the way around. He had 33's instead of 35's to allow for more wheel travel.

I recognize the 44 and the Detroit and the Dana 20 but I do not know all the functionality or value. Especially the 32 spline? rear floaters? locking rear hubs? I want a daily driver and to hit the trails and mountains. Nothing tooo crazy though, just more then I can do in my 2wd truck or a normal 4wd vehicle. With my limited knowledge it seems more set up for the trails but I have a short commute. Seems like a good deal, just wanted some expert opinions before I went through with it. If someone swoops in and gets it first then lessoned learned.

Thank you for all the replies and 2 cents!

74. A few different shades of yellow, black, and rust. 80's 302 w/ edelbrock carb. 80's 4spd on the floor w/ dana 20 twin stick. dana 44 in front and full floating 31 spline ford 9" rear with a detroit locker. 4.56 gearing. 5 1/2" of lift w/ 35" general grabbers.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

32? spline is referring to the spline count where the axle engages the differential. Stock Broncos are 28 spline, F150s & 78/79 Broncos are 31 spline. Not sure about 32 spine, but more splines are better/stronger.

Full floating axles are used on F250s & F350s, they carry the weight of the truck on a different part of the axle, it is stronger/better. Maybe why its 32 spline, not 31 spine. But maybe the guy is mistaken too. Not many full floating 9" axles, but it would be a very strong axle, for sure.

The Detroit Locker in the rear axle is a very strong locker. I had one for about 15 years in a daily driver. They are somewhat unforgiving, but not undriveable. They will chirp the inside tire around a tight right hand turn, and can be exciting in the snow.

Its a strong trail rig, not a Costco Cruiser.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:28 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Not mine. Thoughts on this Durango Bronco
It could have the old Warn 9" full float kit on it, the mention of rear locking hubs is what makes me think so, but those were 31 spline. 32 spline is an odd duck, the late model (year 2000 or so) Dana 60 rears have 32 spline, but I've not seen them with hubs, just flange axles.

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:33 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's definitely a 9", good view of it in the 4th pic. The 32 spline axles in the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks were all Dana 60's and 70's correct?. I'm wondering if he just has the spline count wrong. I don't know of a diff you can get for the 9" in 32 spline. Could be a full float hybrid with Dana or 14 bolt spindles like this: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/newbie-g ... build.html

Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Doesn't a D44 have 32 spline? I'm thinking he's confused. Common Ford 9" splines, as already mentioned, are 28 (Stock), 31 & 35.

I'm not a fan of rear locking hubs. Hubs are weak links by design and I have seen a few rear ones break and that makes for a very interesting drive with one rear wheel pulling. Converting to Drive Flanges might be the easiest and cheapest option. But again, I'm not so sure it's a full float. If you can unbolt and pull the axle out without removing the wheel, then it is full float. At least that is my understanding. Full float officially means the axle shafts only duty is to turn the wheel, not support any weight. Whereas stock axles support all the weight and have to turn the tire.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:03 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Front D44 on Broncos are 30 spline, I'm not sure what a rear D44 spline count is.

Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wow! Thank you for all the information! Quite learning experience!

The bronco is running. I am going for a test drive Saturday!

Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:17 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And??

Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:27 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

You got it for how much ?

1977 Sport, 351w OBDII EFI motor, 4R70W auto, 4:88 gears, ARB lockers, 3.5" suspension, 33" tires.

Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:58 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

And I finally pulled the trigger! My first bronco! I will get it in a couple weeks. I paid $8,500. Hopefully I can make it to a meet up sometime and yall can pick the thing apart for me. See what kind of deal I got, or lack there of. I am in Telluride but I will try to keep an eye on when they are.

It has the old warn hub system on the back. The front and back hubs are interchangeable. I guess he is just mistaken on the spline count.

It comes with a new wiring harness and a Dakota gauge. I will be hitting yall up when I decide to tackle that project.

Anybody have any leads on a soft or hard top?

See yall around, hopefully in my Bronco!

Thank you again for the input!

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:38 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Welcome to the madness and pleasure of EB ownership!

Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:42 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Congrats!

Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:09 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Nice! I'm in Gunnison, we need to organize some western slope events, and get some of the front rangers to come down.

Next summer if you plan any trips post them up or PM me.

Chad

Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:24 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is great news and a great buy. Congrats

Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Appreciate it! Looking forward to the madness! I definitely want to get in on some trips!

Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]