[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Help with value- now for sale!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Help with value- now for sale! 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Help with value- now for sale!
[code][/code]As many of you know... I'm building a custom axle for the front of my Bronco. That leaves me with a well built Bronco Dana 44 to sell. It has been about as modified as it can be which makes it hard to sell unless it is the exact right person. Here is the list of modifications... cut and rotated Cs at the end of the housing, center section welded to tubes, track bar raiser welded on, disc brakes, heim jointed steering, riddler diff cover, full Yukon spool, 5.13 Yukon gears, Yukon hardcore right inner and outer axle shaft with super joint, brand new wildhorses chromoly left inner and outer axle shaft with Yukon super joint( new axle shafts that need to be installed still), and a ram mount welded on. The tie rod is 1.75" o.d. D.O.M. tubing with 3/8" wall, drag link is 1.5" o.d. D.O.M. .250 wall as is the track bar.

I can include the extended, bent (for tire clearance) and wristed radius arms, heim jointed track bar and drag link too.

The way I built this makes it ideal for a Bronco with 4.5"+ of suspension lift. It is low pinion but I installed the radius arm bushings in the extended arms upside down to point the pinion at the t case and alleviate driveshaft bind. Then I cut and rotated the Cs to get my caster up to about 8°. This makes it drive really nice and straight down the road with no wander and great return to center. I'll be building my custom axle with the same amount of caster as it drives so nice.

All ball joints and bearings are good and this would be a great bolt in axle (gotta move the radius arm mounts on your frame is all). Or strip it and use the shafts and housing or whatever.

What's it worth???

Last edited by crawlercreations on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:39 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Help with value
I can even throw in some Cage 5" lift springs and Cage 14" travel front shocks since I will be going to coilovers.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:16 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That's tough. I've been out of the axle buying market for quite a while. The only downside I see to it is the LP configuration. What's the going rate for a standard D44? What about the HP44?

I assume it's factory width? The bad part is, like anything custom built, is you won't get out of it what you have in it. I'm really of no help.

Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:15 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks for the input!

No other guesses? I'm a month or 2 from ready to sell so I'm not looking for offers, just ideas. I know I won't get out of it what I put into it and I'm perfectly good with that as I've never built anything for myself thinking of resale.

Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

If I were you, I'd check the market for D44's, both LP and HP and then start at around 100% higher with yours. But again, if those axles are going for cheap, you can reconsider. What's a D60 going for these days? I'd think you could be close in price to those. Maybe even slightly higher given all the accessories you're including.

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:30 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Like you said in the OP-- you are going to have to find that 1 buyer who this works for. Since it is quite the unicorn, I am with JM and maybe price double what a typical D44 is going for and then work off that price. I bought a D44 from a member here that had 4.56 gears and an ARB locker in it. Exactly what I was needing and I paid about $850 I believe for everything (I think I got a good deal!). Not sure if that helps at all...

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:18 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Can you post pic of cage shocks?and do you have the cage hoops?

Last edited by valentino on Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:08 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Help with value- now for sale!
Well I've pulled the Dana 44 and it is ready to load up and go to a new home. Any ridiculous offers on any of this stuff before I throw it in Craigslist and classicbroncos.com?

Here is the list of modifications... cut and rotated Cs at the end of the housing, center section welded to tubes, track bar raiser welded on, disc brakes, heim jointed steering, riddler diff cover, full Yukon spool, 5.13 Yukon gears, Yukon hardcore right inner and outer axle shaft with super joint, brand new wildhorses chromoly left inner and outer axle shaft with Yukon super joint( new axle shafts that need to be installed still), and a ram mount welded on.

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:41 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]