[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Soft-Start PWM Electric Fan Controllers $80
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Soft-Start PWM Electric Fan Controllers $80 
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post Soft-Start PWM Electric Fan Controllers $80
I'm going to be ordering some generic PWM motor controllers from Europe this weekend and thought I'd offer some to any local guys that might be running electric fans. The price is decent, they are small and very customizable, and I could use feedback from a few local people (guinea pigs) before I offer up them up to everyone else (at a non-experimental price).

They show up blank and I have to program them for their intended use. For now, they will be soft start only until I build code for closed-loop control. This means you will still turn them on via temp switch, toggle, or PCM and they will slowly increase speed over the course of 10-15 seconds (or whatever you decide) until they reach 100%. The idea is to reduce shock on the electrical system. Anyone with a Taurus fan knows how violent it can be.

Later I will work on closed-loop code for various temp senders for them where X temperature will equal X amount of fan speed. It will also be possible to set fan speed with a cheap potentiometer out of the box if you'd rather have more control.

With the specs I've been provided for them, I'd trust them to run the low speed of a Taurus fan, but I'd hold off on trying it with the high speed until they are tested more. It would probably be a better idea to control the high speed off of a relay as a failsafe anyway.

For anyone interested, the price will be $80 for the controller only. You'll need to provide any wiring, senders or relays that you will use with them. I'll be placing the order on 9/3, so you'll need to PayPal me by 9/2 if you want one.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:24 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Soft-Start PWM Electric Fan Controllers $80
I’m in for one, post up or msg your PayPal info, thanks.

Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]