[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Anyone have two Ford nine inch axle shafts
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Anyone have two Ford nine inch axle shafts 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Anyone have two Ford nine inch axle shafts
Hi, so I broke both rear axle shafts on my bronco wheeling the other day. Does anyone have any extra 28 spine nine inch axle shafts they are willing to part with or sell? I’m going to build a better axle in the future, I just haven’t done it yet and want to get the bronco drivable again.

Real Estate Agent at Lorin Properties Inc.
Zen@LorinProperties.com (303) 653-1541

Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Anyone have two Ford nine inch axle shafts
What year 9" do you have? The axles varied depending on if it was a small bearing, small brakes vs big bearing, big brakes, etc.

It all has to do with the brake offset.

I have a set for the 74/75 "medium" duty.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Mon Jul 24, 2023 6:58 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have a 1976 stock Ford 9 inch. I believe that’s the big bearing big brakes year. Thanks for your reply. Let me know if you think what you have would work. I appreciate the reply.

Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:48 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I think there were two versions offered that year but big bearing, big brakes are more common in the 76/77's from what I remember.

Measure your brake drum. If it is 11" it's the big brakes.

Mine won't fit as it will have the wrong offset for the brakes.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:54 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Both shafts?? That takes some effort! Hope you source what you need until you can get some beef under there!

Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Yeah, both axles. I was going up red elephant hill, a trail I have done numerous times In the past and it’s more dug out now and I just happened to hear a pop and one axle broke and I was on my own so I tried to make it the rest of the way out on my own and the other one let go close to the top. So a few guys who were behind me pulled me off the trail where two wheel drive would not cut it and I towed it home. I only have had 35 inch tires and I drive with a light foot but I guess that’s enough to make 28 spline stock axles let go. I’ll keep looking for replacements. Thanks.

Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:37 pm

I have a set of ‘76 big bearing big brake axles you can have if you’d like. They have brand new bearings and the Currie heavy duty retainers.

Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:35 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:56 pm

No problem at all! I live in Castle Rock(ish), but will message you my address so we can work out the details.

Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]