[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Entire Ebrake cable setup
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 5:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Entire Ebrake cable setup 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Entire Ebrake cable setup
I've not pulled the tires yet to see if the drum internals are there or not but I know I am missing all the cables from front to both rears. Most likely I'll be fabbing up a handle operated e brake off of some donor car.

Located in longmont
Brett

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Entire Ebrake cable setup
Brett I can fix you up with what ever you need for your brakes (the stock parts anyway). Figure out what you need and let me know and we'll go from there.

Don

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:45 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Don, Hopefully I can get the time to pull the tires and drums this weekend to look at those internal parts. I know I need everything from the drums out at this point. All three cables, bar, tensioners etc. The rollbar in the cab will be in the way for a foot pedal so I'll probably have to come up with a hand brake from the yard.

Brett

Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:00 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I used the E-brake lever out of a Cherokee but I had to relocate the hanger underneath the tub. I've also read of people using the under dash hand break levers. IIRC some old (60's) Ford vans used these as well as some GM/Chevie trucks.
Mark.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:02 am
What size drum, 10" or 11"? I have some 11" parts and, I think cables.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:29 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks guys, Hopefully I can get a tape on it Sunday. It looks like a small bearing to me which should say 10", But the PO has surprised me multiple times already on this Bronco

Brett

Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Here's a couple of potential E brake handle options.

First, for the Ford lover, a T handle style brake lever from a 1966 Ford F100 4x4. This one is actually my favorite and I think I am going to pull one from the three potential donor trucks at the yard.

Up next, we have a 1989 Mazda B series truck brake handle. This one is more of an L than a T. Kind of a Ford product, I suppose. If you count that sort of thing.

And apparently i deleted the other pics I took. But the potential donors in those cases were all Toyota vehicles, pre-2004. Same L shaped handle as the Mazda.

1972 Sport, 302, 3 speed with old school Duff floor shifter, T shift Dana 20 with JB Fab twin stick, 4.11 gears with Trac-loc, Lincoln hydroboost, Chevy disc conversion, WH gas lift gate shock kit, 33" Duratrac tires on slots and about 2.5" of lift, Stroppe installed: bumper braces, dual shocks on all four corners, GM power steering, trans cooler mount, auto shift column, rollbar.

The Terrible One
1972 Sport uncut, 302, C4 with 1974 column , T shift Dana 20, 3.50 gears w/ limited slip, 1966 U13 Roadster kick panel, and factory power steering.

1973 Stroppe Baja project

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:31 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Cool, thanks for the info on those! I was thinking a floor mounted handle but might like the T handle route better. I'd have to move the gauges that are currently hanging under the dash on that side first but I had planned on doing that anyway, and actually hooking them all up at some point. loco .

My drums are 10".Well,, 10 and 1/8 actually lol.. I may be looking at getting some new ones soon.
Also think I have a rear seal leaking vs the brake wheel cylinder.

Looks like I'm going no need every piece of the e-brake setup. there was nothing in the drums that was a part of the e-brake. Man, the more I dig and test things, the more I shake my head at the PO.

Brett

Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]