[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Tire swap
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Tire swap 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Tire swap
My truck came with 35x13.5x15" Maxxis Baja Claws. They're supposed to be awesome off road, but my Bronco will see a lot of street time and they're loud. Anyone out there in Broncoland want to go to a more aggressive tire? I'd consider any 35x12.5x15 M/T. BFG KM2s would be ideal, but I'd consider just about anything. The tires have loads of tread on them and can attach or send pics for anyone who is interested.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:06 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Tire swap
They must be loud if you can hear them over that awesome sounding exhaust :)

I promise you will like the look of your Muds over A/T tires.

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I definitely like the way they look and will be sticking with some kind of M/T. Thanks for the compliments on the exhaust, the way it sounds is growing on me. I really like how the single exit through the passenger's side fender looks, so we'll see if they stay. Welder first before I spend any money on that, though. Then I can weld my exhaust smokin

Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:52 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Im looking for a set of 35s to run on the street. I have no trade, how much do you want for them if we're talking cash?

Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:00 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Not sure I'm up for selling them outright. The Bronco fund is a little short at the moment for the additional cost of replacements. I'll let you know if that changes.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have 3 37" mtr's I could trade. You would only need 1 more. That would leave me with no spare.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:42 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Maybe. Not sure the bronco will still fit in the garage if I go bigger. How much of a difference do they make in streetability over 35s? Also, how is the tread?

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:56 am

the only issues I have with my 37's is they dont balance very well. But im gonna try the airsoft BB's in them.

74 Ranger EFI351w, 4r70w, ARB 5.13 9in, ARB 5.13D44, and a bunch of other goodies. Best of all the family memories.

04 Mustang Cobra, KenneBell 2.2 feeding a lot of boost on E85. Tire shredding machine

New project: 77 Bronco Ranger, body work and more body work.

Very little left of a 72 durango tan explorer sport

Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:11 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have heard larger tires are extremely hard to balance, but I have never heard of BB's.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I have. The idea is that the airsoft pellets (little plastic BBs) distribute around the tire and are held there by centrifugal force. They apparently do a pretty good job of distributing in a way that balances out the tire and because they shift if something happens that messes up the balance (tearing off a lug, for example) they'll change position to keep things in balance.

Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:47 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I used airsoft BBs in a set of tires I just got rid of. They worked very well! Just when it starts to vibrate due to imbalance you can fell them smooth it out. It is not perfect but it is WAY better! I am glad you brought this up...I am about to mount up some 37" Iroks so I will be getting some airsoft BBs!

Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:11 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

That is a great way to make the larger tires more civilized. Great tip. Cannot wait to see the 37" Iroks - make sure you post some pics.

Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:28 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Pretty much the same exact tire I already have on it....Just in WAY better shape!

Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]