[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/viewtopic.php on line 1644: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4794: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4796: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4797: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4798: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3855)
www.ColoradoClassicBroncos.com - View topic - Steering wheel (aftermarket)
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 8:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Steering wheel (aftermarket) 
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Steering wheel (aftermarket)
Doesn't need to be fancy, I am just wanting a smaller 13 or 14" wheel.

Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:05 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Post Re: Steering wheel (aftermarket)
Grant has a Gadzillion to choose from. They range from low to high dollars and have mounting kits that match.

Lecarra is another, they tend to be higher in price and the mounts are high as well. I've never owned one.

There are a ton of others out there, those are the two I seem to see most often though.

Brett

Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Thanks Brett! Do they require any sort of installation kit, or are they all pretty much universal?

Thanks!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:07 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

They require a hub adapter kit that attaches the wheel to the steering column. It's been years since I did one, But I bet the Grant website or Lecarra will have info on what would be needed and if it is application specific or universal for the Bronco column.

Brett

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

On this subject,Does anyone have any tips on setting the roll pins in the adapter hub for the self cancelling turn signals, so as not to break the signal cam?Very dissapointing when that happens.I should just take some time to figure it out.But todays not the day and tommarrow's not lookin any better.
Thanks.JGZ

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

The hub adapters are somewhat specific to the wheel style. I have a Grant wheel on mine which I'm changing back to ao OE (Ford) wheel. After I installed the Grant something is grounding on the column causing the horn to sound when I make a right turn. Another issue is the Grant wheel is really flexible which I don't like. Seems like it will bend if it gets yanked to hard. Seems like they are cheaper than the older ones I've had.
You are welcome to this one complete with hub adapter and horn ring free if you want it. I'll be at the southern CCb breakfast this sat. and can bring it with me.
Mark.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:44 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hey laffy, we run a Grant on Jonah's and have had no issue. I'd take 71 broncoman up on that offer and give it a try. The price is right!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:19 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I was OK to buy a Grant or GT Brand Steering wheel for $50-100, but irrate that the adapters are $30+ and the Horns are $20+.

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:13 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

Hmmm not totally sure I can make it. I have to work in Denver at 11. Maybe I can. I will think about it and let you know. Thanks!

Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:20 pm
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I actually have 2. One is a 15" Formula GT the other is a 13 1/2" Challanger. You can look them both up on the Grant website. I have the hub adapters and horn buttons for both. I'll bring them both to the breakfast in case you can make it.
Mark.

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:45 am
Official CCB Member
Official CCB Member

I bought this one at checker auto parts in Castle rock. I think it was 140 bucks for the mahogany wheel, hub adaptor and ford horn button. They usually have sales on them and you can carry it home with you.

the hub adaptor is covered by the boot, I made my own T.S. lever too

Its a simple install you should only have 2 wires for the horn and everything else is nuts n bolts. thumbs up

Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]